Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park) Blackstone Renaissance

madness
By madness,
in

Am looking for an affordable hotel July 18th-19th.  Around 150-180.  Just looking for a bed for the night.  

Would like to stay on the magnificent mile or water tower area.  Am looking on hotwire.  

I see a 3 star on that night.

Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower area Hotel

95% recommended 

4/5 on tripadvisor.  874 reviews

Includes the following:

free internet

smoke free rooms

pool

business center

internet

indoor pool

fitness center

restaurant

self service laundry

Am looking for something  close to the CTA to get to wrigley.  I believe that would be the red line.  

I also see a 3.5 star.  

Magnificent Mile Area - River North area Hotel

still gathering reviews it states

Includes the following

free internet

pool

business center

internet access

accessible for deaf

in room accessibility

roll in shower

indoor pool

restaurant

self service laundry

accessible for the blind

accessible path of travel

accessible bathroom

Any help with these would be great.

Maybe I'll use priceline and try to name my own price.  I'd even like to go lower than 150.

Thanks

The 3.5* Mag Mile-RN would be a possible match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza. That property is literally on the brown line (there is a station at the Merchandise Mart.) You can take that North and transfer to the Red Line to Wrigley.

3* Mag Mile N-WT - Likely the Four Points.

3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS. I'd guess the Courtyard River North would be a possibility in this case.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Aaron JB-

I'm looking to be in chicago July 18th-19th.  I'm going to take the metra in and then use the CTA to avoid parking costs.  I'd like to be close to the red line to get to Addison fairly easy.  Close to State street.  Someone wants to meet at Lou Malnati's on State street.  Looks like I could get the Courtyard River North for $130.  $130 wouldn't be bad- but heck for the time I'll be there, cheaper would be better.  Would the Four Points, be in a better location for what I'm looking for.  I'm looking to name my own price with PRICELINE.

What should I start off with?  Is there a better day of the week to look or name your price?  Like Tues.  

Thanks

Here's a question:

If you are taking the Metra in, do you want to stay outside the city? You're probably looking  at $45-55 for a 3.5/4* in the North burbs, then it becomes taking the train downtown and back.

There is no best time of the week to bid - it is all hotel-specific in terms of the decision as to whether or not to offer discounted inventory.

Are both River North-NMA and the Millennium Park areas acceptable?  I think you could get a 4* in the Millennium Park area for around $120-125, starting at $100 and working up by $5's using re-bidding.

Which Lou Malnati's on State? There is one at the very North end of downtown on State in the Gold Coast and one in the South Loop on state.

The Red Line is within reasonable distance of pretty much all of the Loop hotels - or you could take the Brown Line in the Loop Northbound to Fullerton and switch over to the Red Line then just go a few stops up to Addison.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm looking to get into town on the 18th and then head to Wrigley. Stay over, walk the city and just see the views, then have a nice meal later Sat and head back. I would say the burbs would be out. I would prefer to just deal with the red line and not taking one line and transfer to another line, say the red line. Is the Loop, close to magnificent mile? Rush/Ontario? Or say Watertower? If so, I wouldn't be against the Loop.

What area would be closest to the Union Station?

4 star

95%

Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park area Hotel

$133

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet

accessAccessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

What could this be?

Union Station would be in HOTWIRE's Loop-Theater District.

The Blackstone Renaissance Chicago Hotel would be my best guess for the HOTWIRE offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Harrison Red Line stop is a couple of blocks away from the Blackstone Renaissance. Additionally, if you mean the Lou Malnati's on State in the Loop (there are two on State, one in the Gold Coast and one in the South Loop) that's an easy walk from the Blackstone.

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]