Hotwire Hotel: 4* London (Kensington - Earls Court) Hilton Olympia

sergeigrey1
By sergeigrey1,
in

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have relied on this forum's advice before (thank you for successful tips on bidding earlier this year), so I would be grateful if you could help me to identify this hotel in London - I used HOTWIRE link on the betterbidding's main page:

Dates: August 26-29, 2014

Room: 1, single occupancy

Area: Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield

Hotel's rating: 2,5 stars

Price: $67 per night (reduced from $100 per night)

Amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access

Hotwire customer reviews: 50% recommended (7 total reviews)

Tripadvisor: 2,5 out of 5

Thank you for your help

Sergeigrey

I'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing the above on your own search? If so, are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or the links in our Support Page for your hotel direct purchases.

PS- please also follow-up your previous Hotwire London thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip. Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your prompt reply. I have checked and the Hotwire price for the hotel I located went up. It is now listed at $70, down from $121 per night (I did not realise Hotwire does sales). The notice about this hotel states that there are only 8 rooms left. Other search cnitions are unchanged - 1 single room, 26-29 of August 2014.

If this hotel still does not show up in your seach, I found another hotel (sam search conditions) - this times 4 star one- in the same area, at the prie of $105 per night (down from $214, 50% off), in the same area of Lonon. This hotel comes 80% recommended, It has Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access. Tripadvisor rating is 3,5 out of 5.

I would very much appreciate your help.

Regards

sergeigrey

P.S. I did not realise I had unfinishe topic - I will foolw up on that

For the 2.5* my guess would be the 1 Lexham Gardens Hotel, with a secondary guess of the St. Joseph Hotel... HOWEVER, i would seriously caution against any 2.5* hotel in London (a lower rating, especially given the star rating system there is more generous than here in the States) and with a TA rating of 2.5/5.0 (again, a very low rating)

For the 4* hotel my guess would be the Hilton London Olympia or the Copthorne Tara, but i'm not certain.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your help in locating the hotel. I followed your advice and went for a 4-start hotel instead of a 2,5 star one - and it turned out to be Hilton London Olympia. I paid GBP234.57 for it, on par with what was advertised by Hotwire.

Once again, thank you for taking time to help me with my search.

Regards

Sergeigrey

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the result and looking forward to your stay... i think this is much better than the 2.5* property you were originally considering.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

For the future, please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOT.WIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOT.WIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]