Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Cocoa Beach - Merritt Island (Cocoa Beach) La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach

lewdood
By lewdood,
in

NOTE: This is NOT the La Quinta Oceanfront on Hendry Ave....

We received the La Quinta on North Atlantic Ave., instead! BetterBidding didn't even have this hotel listed as an option in their Cocoa Beach list, and had the Oceanfront listed as the Express Deal. Heck, they wouldn't even let me put it in in the topic headline without calling it the Oceanfront.

Be very careful if you buy this "deal" if you're expecting/hoping for either the La Quinta Oceanfront or the Best Western Oceanfront (like we were). The 'regular' La Quinta is 2.5 mi south of the others, and is ranked #13 in the market by TripAdvisor (as opposed to the LaQ Oceanfront at #2 & the BW at #10).

Thankfully, it's only a block off the beach, and we don't plan on spending much time in the hotel while we're down there, but some of the TA reviews are enough to have me concerned about the quality & cleanliness of the rooms.

Also, $72/night is NOT a deal for this hotel, as the property is currently offering rooms at a very similar rate thru their own website.

As of now I'm very disappointed. I have used BB as a resource in researching 1 or 2 other hotels in the past (we don't get the opportunity to travel very often, and very rarely stay in hotels), so when I registered in advance of this purchase I only had limited experience from Orlando, which has a bazillion reviews and "win" posts. I had thought that between the space coast, Daytona and the cruise ports, all of the hotel possibilities in Cocoa Beach would have been well accounted for, but I was wrong.

Anyway, we're in to the La Quinta for a good $500+ now, without any ability to back out of it, so my fingers are crossed and I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

I'll be sure to post back to this forum after our trip so that everyone researching this area is fully informed about what they might expect if they get this property.

Anyway, here are the amenities PL listed before we bought:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet in room

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Free Parking

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Welcome to Betterbidding. 

Sorry to hear that the result wasn't what you had hoped, but hopefully the hotel will work out better-than-expected. Thank you for letting us know about this new Price.line property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Additionally, noted at the top of all of the hotel lists on Betterbidding: "This Priceline Hotel List is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time."

Follow-up reviews are greatly appreciated.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I will also point out that the amenity set above did not match the amenity set in the Hotel List for the 'La Quinta Oceanfront' so that could have been the first clue that you were looking at a different property.

Feel free to ask for help before your next opaque purchase (and please post all your future wins to the board) and we will try to help you find more favorable outcomes which are inline with your expectations.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]