Priceline Hotel: 4 nights in Boston

Castarah
By Castarah,
in

Hi all,

Me and a friend are planning on going to Boston, MA from Nov 25th until Nov 29th (so 4 nights), and I want to bid using priceline.

I have never been to Boston, and don't know anything about the hotelprices and stuff, and that's why I need your advise.

I want to spend between 50 and 60 dollar a night. I do not really care about the amount of stars the hostel has, but it should be somewhere central in the city, because we do not have a car. The area is most important, after that the price.

Can you give me some advise what areas are wise to choose when doing a bid?

Thank in advancew

Welcome to betterbidding!

Before we give you bid suggestions, you should become familiar with Priceline.

Boston has 2 free rebid areas at the 3* and 4* levels. Please read this thread by thereuare: Bidding again before 72 hours. After reading, post the names of the 2 free rebid areas in this thread once you identify them.

For a quick primer on Priceline, you could check I've never used Priceline or Hotwire to see how the service works.

Once you post the 2 free rebid areas, I (or another BB member) will assist you with suggested bid amounts for your dates. :)

Alright, I would recommend bidding on both Downtown and Copley because of the accessibility of the 'T' subway in Boston. To begin bidding, please use the red link to PRICELINE found in the upper left hand corner of every betterbidding page.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $45, if unsuccessful add rebid area 1...

Bid $50, in unsuccessful add rebid area 2...

Bid $55, if unsuccessful close window and access priceline the same way as before

Select 4* Copley...

Bid $45, if unsuccessful add rebid area 1...

Bid $50, in unsuccessful add rebid area 2...

Bid $55, if unsuccessful close window

If this doesn't work, we can either try $60 and up for the 4* level or we can start over at the 3* level (at different $ amounts). Be sure to keep us updated, and we'll assist if the above does not work.

Thanks for the advice,

I tried 45 and 50 in both areas, but that all didn't work. I didn't want to try 55, because with taxes and all it will end up higher than 60, and my friend doesn't want to pay more...

We found some hostels that are cheaper, and becuase we are students we chose for that.

But thanks a lot for the help, would have been very nice if it had worked.

I might ask your help again for my trip to Chicago and/or Washington, which i'm going to do with my boyfriend.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]