Priceline Hotel: Best Zones to Look at for Pre/post Cruise Hotel?

Wyomingtraveler
By Wyomingtraveler,
in

Hoping to get something close to public transportation.

To further expand upon AaronJB's questions... are you looking to sightsee before your embarkation or simply looking for a place to sleep the nite before your cruise? Are you looking for 'close to transportation' relative to exploring the city OR in getting to the pier?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

No it does not need to be right next to the cruise port. We are looking at coming in at least a few days in advance to do some sightseeing. Our dates are over a year a way, so I know it is too early to book the hotel, but was hoping to get an idea of which areas to look in. As far, as a budget I will come up with one once I start seeing what is available and what rates I am finding. Really just would like great access to public transit, as we will not be driving a car while in Boston.

Thanks

Stay in the 'downtown' zones as this will be more convenient to your sightseeing (which will be the bulk of your time in Boston, you'll only be heading to the pier once)... then just take a taxi to the pier.

I wouldn't even begin to look yet as the zones could easily change between now and the time you're able to start bidding... just continue this thread with your dates once you're within 330 days of your trip.

You can also use our sister site Pre Cruise Hotels which will show you the location of the port as well as overview of hotels in the area (and inside the info window for each hotel is a link to see what is near the hotel... restaurants, bars, etc)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Assuming zones stay roughly the same, I'm from the Boston area and have been around the block and back and I think the Copley Square Back Bay area is the most central and one of the nicest zones. There's a good selection of 4* hotels, and it is convenient to public transportation.  There are some nice hotels in the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market area but you need to be careful that you don't get one in the far extreme of that zone. As your trip draws nearer post again and we'll see what's up. Avoid Cambridge, too much of a schlep.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]