Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Antonio (Six Flags) La Cantera Hill Country Resort

drw.spencer
By drw.spencer,
in

I am getting ready to put a bid in on this, but wanted to see if anyone had recent updates on the area.  The last winning priceline bid I see for this region at 4* was August 2013.  Could anyone confirm this is the only 4* hotel in this region, or has anyone recently won La Cantera Hill Country Resort?  I am bidding for a trip in October and my wife has her heart set on this hotel.  Thank you.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

As noted at the top of the lists, they provide the hotels reported to the board - others may appear (or previously reported hotels with new star ratings) can happen at any time. When new hotels are reported or rating changes happen (and there are new reports pretty frequently), the lists are changed.

What would be your desired budget per night and date/s of travel?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you for the info.  I will use the links when I go to purchase.  I noticed that it lists guaranteed amenities that match the hotel I am looking for, not sure if this is a clue or not that there is only one hotel in that range.  I am looking at staying in San Antonio Sunday October 12th through Thursday October 16th (5 nights, checking out Thursday October 16th).

I was planning on staying on the Riverwalk for three nights and then two nights at the La Cantera Hill Country Resort.  For our budget I would prefer to stay under $150 for the first 3 nights and then under $250 for the other two (my wife wanted us to book the La Cantera Hill through their website, and it costs roughly $350 a night after fees).  I was hoping we could do better with some research and smart bidding  :rolleyes: .

...Sunday October 12th through Thursday October 16th (5 nights, checking out Thursday October 16th)

This would be 4 nites... what are your check-in / check-out dates? The dates you're hoping for the La Cantera are which? Do you have flexibility to do the La Cantera the first two nites if it happens to work out that way?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

October 12 is a Sunday, so are your actual dates Saturday Oct 11 - Thursday Oct 16th?

On HOTWIRE for Oct 11-13 i see what i'm guessing to be the La Cantera for $148/nite... also available for the same price for Oct 14-16. This property does also have a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, so should this guess be wrong, you're still assured of a very nice hotel and experience (and then you can dish out the big bucks for the La Cantera for the other nites of your stay ;) )

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone and there is no ability to target or guess as to the hotel you will receive. HOTWIRE is usually a little more expensive, but you're able to use the amenities to take an educated guess as to what you may receive (and as per above, when a TA rating is shown, it gives you a little safety net of 'knowing' that at the very least it's a higher rated hotel)

When searching for 10/11-10/13 (or 10/14-10/15) i'm seeing a 4* hotel in the Six Flags zone for $148/nite with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating and the following amenities:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Resort

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Spa

... my best guess for this one would be the La Cantera Hill Country Resort (with the price so much within your budget maybe see if the same hotel is offered for 3 or more nites??)

NOTE that HOTWIRE no longer shows the full set of amenities unless you make a few extra clicks, but to see the complete set of amenities you can use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

Let us know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Warning: The Eilan (Marriott hotel?) now shows up as a 4* here. We got it by accident a couple of months ago when seeking the La Cantera (got lazy; didn't look at amenities, because La Cantera was the only 4* in the zone forever before the Eilan was built). I wasn't in the hotel (was at a zoo sleepover with the Cub Scouts) but my wife said it's a fancy hotel, but not as nice for kids.

Warning: The Eilan (Marriott hotel?) now shows up as a 4* here. We got it by accident a couple of months ago when seeking the La Cantera...

Sorry to hear that the result wasn't what you'd hoped. 

If you could post the details of the win as a separate thread it would be greatly appreciated. You should still be able to see the amenities that were showing before purchase under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]