Hotwire Hotel: 5* New York City (Financial District - Wall Street) Conrad New York

Ajasmineflower
By Ajasmineflower,
in

I am trying to book a 5 or 4* hotel in the city. I see priceline express deals have a post for World trade center-financial district at $140 for a 4* (but some of the hotels that I could get don't look appealing)

How I figure that out is by checking out the express deals and writing the info down. Example: WTC 4* 8.0 rating for $140. (Usually tells you how much your saving also like 20% or more)

So I go back to the List view, put 4* in search, select Wall street, then search. Usually it will show 8 hotels or so in that criteria, any below the 8.0 rating I would cross out since the express deal promised 8.0 or higher rating hotel.

Another extra thing I do is the math. If the hotel in express deals is 140$ after a 20% or more savings, then 140 is 80% of it. 140÷.80 =the price it most likely is on the List view...so I sort of narrow it down to a specific hotel(s) as much as possible.

If I bid, can I get a 4* hotel cheaper than $140 at WTC-F.D?

I prefer WTC, or the areas around central park or park/Hudson river area-just not Harlem or Brooklyn.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

PRICELINE bidding is generally at least slightly-to-moderately cheaper than PRICELINE Express, but the main note is that you have to be willing to accept *any* hotel at the star rating chosen in the zone/s chosen.

Please confirm the names of the zone/s that would be acceptable, as well as the amenities showing with the downtown zone 4* if you would like us to try to confirm the ID.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

guaranteed amenities for the 4* hotel in FD:

Free Internet in public areas
    Restaurant

Business Center
    Fitness Center

the price has gone down to $139 for the same days. What days are the best days to bid? do the prices lower a little on weekends or if you book a certain # of days before the reservation date.

zones I would accept:

Downtown-FD (prefer this because its usually more quiet)

Central park south

madison square garden

the price has gone down to $139 for the same days. What days are the best days to bid? do the prices lower a little on weekends or if you book a certain # of days before the reservation date.

This is a $1/nite change from your previous quote and is normal price fluctuation... it has nothing to do with a change in demand, the day of the week you have searched, etc. There is no 'best' time to bid.

I am trying to book a 5 or 4* hotel in the city. I see priceline express deals have a post for World trade center-financial district at $140 for a 4* (but some of the hotels that I could get don't look appealing)

If you do choose to bid this zone there is no way to target/avoid specific properties in the zone... are you willing to accept any hotel in the zone you bid at the star rating (or higher) that you select?

guaranteed amenities for the 4* hotel in FD:

Free Internet in public areas

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

What is the room rate per nite, as i saw a hotel with this amenity set offered at $139/nite, but when i clicked on it i received a message that the offer was no longer available; but a new 4* hotel is offered in this zone now for $151/nite but also show a Bed Choice option (and i believe this listing is different from the one you previously saw above). My guess for this one currently offered would be the World Center Hotel.

zones I would accept:

Downtown-FD (prefer this because its usually more quiet)

Central park south

madison square garden

Note that the CPS zone has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms... would this be an acceptable outcome? Also, are you willing to pay more for a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone (your first choice of zone) vs the other zones... OR is the goal the least expensive 4* or better in any of these zones? (assuming CPS is still acceptable) If bidding on PRICELINE, so we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to pay, what is your maximum bid for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the detailed response.

I would not enjoy the Hudson hotel.

I guess I would just rather stay at the Downtown world trade center zone. I checked priceline again and they do still have that hotel deal up (4* $139). How much cheaper can I get them to go if I do a personal bid? My max is $130.

Just saw Hotwires secret hotel deal for 5* hotel in FD for $188 a night.

Looking at the number of reviews it posted from Trip Advisor and checking the reviews for which hotel- pointed to the Ritz Carlton. (which I got very excited about) but, unfortunatly its the Conrad. (still a great hotel but would have rather paid less for a 4* hotel in the same zone since they were going for $139.

Congrats on your success. :)

Sorry to hear that the result wasn't what you'd hoped, but hopefully the hotel will still work out okay.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing before purchase? This information is available under the trip information in your Hot.wire account (click the My Account link in the upper corner of Hot.wire.)

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I need some advice please.

I am looking to get my reservation refunded either partially or fully.

On hotwire Hot rates it stated that my deal of $188 was 48%. Meaning the original room price should be $361-365. (similar to The Ritz Carlton)

The Conrad is going for $259 for a regular room- my contact info is not even in the reservation-hotwires info is. So, I am unable to even know what floor or type of room I am getting-let alone upgrade to a riverview (which regularly goes for $329 on my selected dates).

Ive never had this issue with priceline and feel quite deceived and overcharged for what they advertised on my selected hot rate.

Any advice?

Thanx for the follow-up!

I believe there were likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOT.WIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

For future searches/bookings you can do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our Bidding.Helper and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOT.WIRE (or use the HOT.WIRE tab at Bidding.Helper) and...

· click the offer

· on the next page click the BOOK NOW link

· in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Enjoy New York.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]