Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Pittsburgh (Cranberry Township) Fairfield Inn Pittsburgh-Cranberry

DarwinX
By DarwinX,
in

Trying to get a 3 night trip in the Pittsburgh area, and I'm coming up empty.

I can't seem to find anything decent...the priceline express deals is only offering 10%, $104!

Areas tried:

Pittsburgh North

Pittsburgh South Side

Combined with a few free re-bids...

I'm going to research the Greentree area...

Any tips?

There definitely appears to be something going on in the downtown area, as rates are noticeably high for these dates - and I'm guessing high enough that there's spillover into some of the outlying areas.

In terms of Price.line Express, the coupon code in my signature does take $20 off the total. What would be your desired budget per night for this stay and which zone/s would be acceptable (are you trying to be near a particular area?)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

It's graduation/commencement weekend for Carnegie Mellon... i suspect that is the likely reason for the high demand you're facing.

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel in the area for the nites you need?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are Pittsburgh North and Pittsburgh South Side the only two zones that you're willing to accept? (include all acceptable zones, even if you don't think your budget is enough to be accepted in the zone)

You have already tried bidding up to your maximum bid? (and gone over by $5 as well?)

What is your gameplan should you continue to be rejected bidding for these dates?

Have you signed up for alerts at RateDrop for any 2.5* that are offered at $80/$85 or less?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1.  Pittsburgh North and South are the ideal places for me... I'm open to locales in the vicinity, ~25 mi.

2. Gameplan is to try and figure out what is causing the high-prices...and create a window of opportunity...

3.  I've signed up for Rate.Drop...Thanks!

I've got a backup plan, I'll execute it if I run out of options...

2. Gameplan is to try and figure out what is causing the high-prices...and create a window of opportunity...

It's graduation/commencement weekend for Carnegie Mellon... i suspect that is the likely reason for the high demand you're facing.

See my previous comment above.

1. Pittsburgh North and South are the ideal places for me... I'm open to locales in the vicinity, ~25 mi.

Are you willing to bid the other zones at this point in time? If so, please list all acceptables zones, by PRICELINE name, so we can include them in a bidding strategy.

I've got a backup plan, I'll execute it if I run out of options...

What is your back-up plan?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Not only is it graduation season, but wedding season too!

There are no major sporting events, just a lot of family events occurring all across the city.

I've been bidding in zones as far south as Washington, PA... no luck

Rate.Drop paid off for me... I got an alert for Cranberry at $47/night... using the PRICELINE link here, i got my weekend!

Lots of activity in Pittsburgh this weekend... Usual places are all booking with little discount.

Been at the Fairfield before, and it wasn't too bad...

Can't go wrong with a 50% off rate....

I booked via Priceline.Express from better bidding.com link...

Congrats on your success. :)

Pretty awesome deal for such a busy period! Glad you are pleased with the deal and looking forward to another stay at this Fairfield.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing before purchase? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

RateDrop paid off for me... I got an alert for Cranberry at $47/night... using the PRICELINE link here, i got my weekend!

And that's how it's done! :)

Given that this deal/rate is no longer currently available i think this shows the power of Rate.Drop. Sometimes the deals are only available a very short time, and this automates the process of checking rates to help increase your chances of landing a great deal.

Glad to see it worked out well for you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]