Priceline Hotel: it has been a long time, Fort Lauderdale for August can use some help

fvandewouwer
By fvandewouwer,
in

Hi,

It has been a long time ago since I used Priceline and I had The Kitano Hotel in New York a long time ago  thanks to the help of the administrator

I can use your help again

need a hotel for August 15 till August 18 ( 3 nights ) Fort Lauderdale pre cruise ( love to be at the beach but also hotel should be close to some shopping and restaurants )

have seen the hot deal on HOTWIRE 91 $ 4* beach ( any idea which hotel this could be ? )

but also saw some PRICELINE EXPRESS deals 103  $

Is it worth trying bidding let us say starting from 70  $ going up to end at 80$ max ??

eventually ,price will not be that much lower as the HOTWIRE deal

I really do not know to decided which hotel to book that is why my priority this time is price but would love some quality to .........

need a hotel quiet, at the beach, but in walking distance of shopping and restaurants ( for breakfast )

really have no idea which one to book and budget is max 95 $ but 70 would be better :wub:

so please should I book this hotwire deal of 91

or 103 of Priceline ??? which one could that be ?? or gamble and get one for 75 ?????

all your tips are more than welcome

sorry for the English mistakes, it is not my first language

thanks for your time to help me

have a wonderful day

Frieda

Belgium

I AM SORRY FOR THE ENGLISH MISTAKES BUT IT IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE

It comes down to whether you're willing to pay a little more to have a guess as to the hotel you may receive before your purchase OR if you're willing to stay anywhere in the zone in order to save a little more money.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

and that is just the point I have tried several times now

without having any luck

started with 70 ending with 80 .... no luck

any idea what the Priceline.express deal  and the Hot.wire would be ?

thanks

goodnight from Belgium

The PRICELINE EXPRESS property is over your budget, correct?

What are the amenities of the HOTWIRE hotel offered that you're referring to?

NOTE that to see the complete amenities associated with each you will need to do the following:

1) search HOTWIRE and select the offer from the search results page

2) click the BOOK NOW button

3) in the TRIP SUMMARY BOX click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

amenities are  almost the same, I did check them

hope you can figure it out

price 99   90% recommended               resort so need to add a resort fee makes it ever pricier as Priceline

hotwire beach                      

◾Resort

◾Pet friendly

◾Near Beach

◾Smoke Free Rooms

◾Fitness Center

◾Pool(s)

◾Restaurant(s)

◾Business Center

◾Self service laundry

◾Internet access

◾Tennis Nearby

◾Spa Services

◾Children's actvities

◾Accessible for the blind

◾Accessible for the deaf

◾Accessible path of travel

◾In-room accessibility

◾Accessible bathroom

◾Handicapped parking

◾Roll-in shower

hotwire beach

price 91  75% recommended

◾Free Internet

◾Resort

◾Pet friendly

◾Fitness Center

◾Pool(s)

◾Restaurant(s)

◾Business Center

◾Internet access

◾Golf Nearby

◾Tennis Nearby

◾Spa Services

◾Wheelchair accessible

◾Accessible bathroom

◾Handicapped parking

◾Roll-in shower

Priceline express is not over my budget, it depends which one it is

103 usd rated 8 or higher

do you think I do have a chance of winning a hotel for August around 75 usd ??

thanks again am trying to do my research but your help is appreciated

goodnight

4* $99
Best guess would be Westin Beach Resort

4* $91
Best guess Hyatt Pier 66

started with 70 ending with 80 .... no luck
do you think I do have a chance of winning a hotel for August around 75 usd ??

Not at the moment. Dates with cruises leaving Fort Lauderdale are usually busy and hard to get a good price on. $75 for a 3.5*/4* is low season prices

If you need any ID help with a PRICELINE EXPRESS so please list the amenities and star rating PRICELINE EXPRESS associates with the hotel you're looking at. Also have in mind that most hotels by the beach charge a resort fee even if PRICELINE EXPRESS don't reveal this information.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

thanks for the info

never used Hotwire so I am thankful for the information

Priceline express deals

Rated

out of 10 (or higher) 102 usd

guest favorite 

Guaranteed Amenities:

Outdoor Swimming Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

and Rated  price 166 studio ocean view bed choice available save 40 %

out of 10 (or higher) guest favourite

tried again this morning no luck so probably need to book one or take a deal

personal advice also appreciated, what would be a great hotel for a great value ( we have been in the W and in the grand what is now I believe the Hilton and were satisfied with both of them )

thanks again for your time and also about the resort fee did not know this was almost always added

have a wonderful day

If you need any ID help with a PRICELINE EXPRESS so please list the amenities and star rating

4* $102

Best guess Westin beach resort

4.5* $167

Best guess Atlantic Hotel & Spa

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

Yes I will certainly do that, at this point I will try to bid again a few times and

am checking out several websites to see which hotel would be the best for our needs if we book one instead of bidding

if we have to pay between 100 and 150 ( that is what I had in mind to spend ) perhaps there are better deals and better hotels

so need to do a little more homework

thank you for your help

will keep you all posted

have a wonderful day

You can get a very good overview of rates in the area at each star rating using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com... it will show hotels near almost any address or major landmark in the world and makes it easy to see rates and how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further from your chosen location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (or the links in our Support Page if you decide to book direct)

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay.

just wanted to keep you updated

booked with a local office ( online ) the B hotel

I can cancel this free of charge and still have time to check things out

we really would love to be at the beach so if I try bidding

there is a chance we will not be on the beach itself

that is why I am checking out all the hotels at the beach ( price between 100 - 150 )

could you some ideas

our priority is quiet that is really very important

I hate to hear cars driving by or people making noise

we stayed once at the W hotel and that was wonderful but this is now a bit over our budget

thanks again

Frieda

( why the B hotel.... It is a new hotel so hope they have soundproof windows ??? )

Hyatt Pier have read some terrible reviews on trip advisor regarding the low building.........  that scarred me off 

suppose we end op in the low building .... not that good and tower, we would have to add another 60 to get into a tower unit if they are available at check - in

Westin  beach seemed good but could not find that deal anymore ?????

all the others were above our budget ( 165 and up )

there is another issue, we intend to go shopping one day to the galleria mall and it seems there is a shuttle leaving every day from some hotels for ex the B hotel is one of them

so that would also be convenient

andit is just a booking I can easily cancel without any charges that is why I took the liberty of booking it against125 / night  seemed to be a great value

(quiet is our first priority, second, on the beach, third in the neighbourhood of bus to the  mall)

thanks again I keep on looking every day

I'm currently seeing what i believe to be the Westin Beach resort on HOTWIRE...

First, make sure you are on the US version of HOTWIRE by changing the country drop down on the top right corner of their page (you can later change the currency to whatever amount you'd like, but please complete your purchase on the US version of their site)

Then search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com, filter to only FORT LAUDERDALE BEACH and 4 star hotels, there should be 3 offers. One will be somewhere between $95-$105 and have the following amenities:

Resort

Pet Friendly

Near Beach

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Tennis

Spa

Childrens Activities

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this one would be the Westin Beach Resort

There may also be a 4* for ~$125-$135 (with a 4.5/5.0 TA rating):

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Suite

Boutique

Near Beach

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Kitchenette

... best guess for this one would be the Il Lugano, if this is of any interst to you (as it sounds like a boutique hotel may be to your style/liking)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Frieda,

When you are using Maps.Hotels, don't miss the "Walk Score". A wonderful feature that gives you a good idea about what interesting things are within walking distance of a particular hotel.

To see it, when you have a list of hotels up in MapsandHotels, click on one of the grey hotel names on the left hand side. Then click on "SEE NEARBY Restaurants, Coffee, Bars, etc." You will get a great idea of the neighborhood.

Isolated airport hotels will have scores in the 60s and 70s. Better options will have scores in the 80s and even 90s.

Within a WalkScore, you can further click on the various options like "shopping" and get lists of stores in the area.

And do try the Fort Lauderdale water taxi. It is a great way to get around and see another side of the Fort Lauderdale area.

Romelle

missed it and thank you again for this well explained detail

Il Lugano seems a great hotel just not in the neighbourhood we are searching

we intend to go to the Sawgrass Mills mall and there is a shuttle that runs every day from 4 different hotels

so we are searching a hotel in the neighbourhood of those hotels ( the B hotel is one of the collecting places also the Pelican, the Atlantic and the Mariott )

that is why I pre booked the B hotel ( it was the cheapest one )

Westin Beach seems a great alternative, mixed reviews and price not that much cheaper as I booked our B Hotel now

still have time

will keep u posted

have a wonderful Sunday

from rainy Belgium

yesterday received a great deal from our local tour operator

they had one suite left for the FL Hilton beach resort and one for the Courtyard b Marriott ( both same price as the hotwire deal )

we choose the Hilton ( close to the W where we stayed some years ago )

this time no PRICELINE or HOTWIRE for us but I know that if we can travel in the future

we will certainly need them again

everyone thank you

you were a great help and I learned( again )  a lot

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]