Hotwire Hotel: 3* New York City (Midtown Central) Holiday Inn Midtown 57th St

mpeduardo
By mpeduardo,
in

I will be in NYC 9/10 to 9/14 i would prefer be in a good local in manhatan near a sub station, i will be with my wife and my child 2 years old and i want to pay less than $160/nt is it possible? can i find a good 3 star+ hotel near times square for less than $160? can anyone tell me a rebid strategy on priceline? TY

Welcome to BetterBidding!

To begin, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed (and little or no room for a rollaway). While you can call the hotel you win and request a room that can accommodate the three of you, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request (especially in NYC where space is at a premium and rooms with two beds are often considered upgrades and cost more than 'standard' rooms).

If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Unfortunately rates are high for your dates (part of the higher than usual demand could be that your dates include 9/11 which historically brings about a higher than normal amount of people who come to town to commemorate the attacks on the WTC)... guess is that for a 3* or better in a midtown location you're likely looking in the $180-$200 area (double occupancy with HOTWIRE will likely be about the same if not a little higher... triple occupancy likely $200+ at this point in time)

We will suggest a strategy for whatever amount you'd like, but give the above, what are your current thoughts?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I want to pay as low as possible so i think i can stay im midtown maybe chelsea or another place in manhatan...

Are you open to any zone in Manhattan? If so, please confirm if the Downtown-Financial District is acceptable... what about Upper East Side? Upper West Side??

...near a sub station...

Would a 15 minute walk to the subway be acceptable? Ten minute walk??

Let us know the above and we'll proceed from there.

Is a 15 minute walk to the subway acceptable or is that too far? (we to know this in order to determine which zones are acceptable/not acceptable)

Please confirm and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks.

If 15 minutes is too far then that leaves the MTE zone excluded from your bidding. As well, i would exclude the CPS zone since if you were to receive the Hudson Hotel the room would not accommodate the three of you (rooms are extremely small there, even by NYC standards). This basically leavens MTW, TS, ESB, MSG, and Chelsea. Assuming these zones are acceptable i would bid as follows for a 3* hotel:

Select 3* TS...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* ESB...

Select 3* MSG...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* Chelsea...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS and MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB and MSG...

Select 3* Chelsea and TS...

Select 3* TS and ESB...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW and MSG...

Select 3* Chelsea and MTW...

Select 3* TS and MSG...

Bid $148, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW and ESB...

Select 3* Chelsea and ESB...

Select 3* TS, MTW, ESB...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS, MTW, MSG...

Select 3* TS, MTW, Chelsea...

Select 3* TS, ESB, MSG...

Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS, MSG, Chelsea...

Select 3* MTW, ESB, MSG...

Select 3* TS, MTW, ESB, MSG...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS, MTW, ESB, Chelsea...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG, Chelsea, TS, MTW...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MSG, Chelsea, TS, ESB...

Bid $158, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* TS, MTW, ESB, MSG, Chelsea...

Bid $160

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Express Deal

3 Star Hotel in Central Park South Area for $180/night

Star Rating:  3 Star 
Guest Score: Rated 7.0out of 10 (or higher)
Guaranteed Amenities:
Free Internet in room
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Restaurant
Business Center
Fitness Center
Check In: Wed Sep 10, 2014
Check Out: Sun Sep 14, 2014

I couldn't say...

Are you OK if the three of you need to squeeze into one queen sized bed (or assuming the room has a lounge chair and ottoman that you would be ok have your daughter use that as her bed).

The HOTWIRE hotel you saw for $200, was that when searching for 2adults/0children or did you include a child in that search... i'm seeing $213/nite for the MTC property when searching for 2adults/1child.

If you're OK 'managing' with the scenario above (and your spouse is OK with it too ;) ), then i would take the risk with a year old (but for anyone else reading this thread in the future i wouldn't necessarily take the same risk with a 12 year old child)... if not then the safer route would be to pay the extra ~$25/nite thru HOTWIRE and book as 2adults/1child.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]