IL Arlington Heights Amerisuites

KnightAngel
By KnightAngel,
in

We stayed here 8/22-8/25. We got a great deal through Priceline and only paid $27 a night! Check in was quick and easy with no mention of Priceline. Our room was on the 3'rd floor and we were very pleased with it. It had a king size bed, a sofa bed (which was great for the kids), a TV, VCR (the kind that doesn't record), a desk, microwave, nice sized fridge and cabinets filled with dishes and silverware. We brought our own food and there was a nice sized cabinet right by the fridge that we were able to put the food in. The bathroom was clean and well stocked. My only complaint was that the bathroom door didn't close all the way. Since I have kids I never get privacy in the bathroom anyway so this wasn't a big deal. :)

The hotel was just a quick drive to the metra station. (They have a shuttle but it only runs from 7-3)

There was a parking garage near the Metra that only cost $1.25 a day and was free on weekends! :) It was very easy to park, walk to the Metra station and hop on a train to go into the city.

Not only did we save money through Priceline but we also saved money by eating their free breakfast buffet. They had a great assortment of yummy breakfast foods that are served from 7-10. They had doughnuts, cereal, pastries, toast, french toast, bagels, waffels that you made yourself, fruit, yogurt and english muffins. They had coffee, apple juice, orange juice and milk to drink. They best part was that they kept the buffet stocked so you don't have to get their at 7 to get a good selection of foods.

I was very pleased with this hotel and I plan on staying here next year when I go back to Chicago. The hotel was very nice and the employees were very friendly. I totally recommend giving this hotel a try.

• 1 year later...

Stayed here for one Monday night in August 2005 for $46. Great location right off the highway with a variety of restaurants around, even Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. The property has aged a little bit, but is still decent and clean. Check-in was quick and easy, no mention of Priceline.

Ample free parking, good breakfast buffet with hot eggs and sausage and make your own waffles. The Amerisuites chain professes to cater to Japanese people, so there were steamed rice, boiled eggs, and soy sauce on the buffet. (This is very funny if you're Japanese.)

Free wireless internet was great - several access points to choose from, both b and g. The fitness room has two treadmills, a climber, and a bike. It was completely empty so I had it all to myself. There's also a whirlpool off the lobby, but I didn't try it.

The room is spacious - semi-separate living room with pull-out bed, which would be great for kids. There's also a little fridge, microwave, and coffee maker, which is nice. Only one little icky shampoo though, so bring your own stuff. It's definitely all basic, not upscale, and a bit dated. But good enough.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]