Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) Westin New York Times Square

berfloodz
By berfloodz,
in

Hi,

I am looking for a 4.5 or 5 star in TS or MTW from the 18/4/14 - 22/4/14 but i am unsure at what price to start.

There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for a 4.5 start in TS for 282 which I guess is the Intercontinental.

I believe I ave 7 free bids if I select 4.5 in TS.

Could you recommend the price I should start at?

I would like to get it for less that $200 incl taxes but this might be too optimistic!

If I cannot get a 4.5 or 5 star in TS or MTW then I would be will to reduce the start rating (via a new bid).

I see MTW has a PRICELINE EXPRESS bid of 213 for which I am guessing is The Jewel.

I would like to get the 4 star for less than 160 incl taxes.

Also I seen in one of the posts that if I used the PRICELINE link in the signature that I would get additional %10 off the Express Deal, I tried this but did not get an additional discount?

Thanks

Bernard

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

What would be your desired budget per night for this stay? $160 including taxes/fees is probably not going to be enough for a 4* for these date/s  and 200 incl taxes is unfortunately not likely going to be enough for a 4.5*. At the 4* level you're probably looking at $155-170 (before taxes/fees) and around $240-260 for a 4.5*.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Currently on HOTWIRE i see what i'm guessing to be The Row NYC for $188/nite or the City Club Hotel for $199. As well, if you're willing to bid the MTE zone there is what appears to be The Lexington New York City for $189/nite and in the ESB zone the well reviewed Affinia Dumont for $203/nite.

Of these which would you take, as we can then use this amount as your maximum bid price (assuming still available once you place your bids)

Let us know and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok thanks. Any guesses on what hotel it is i.e. $176 in TS?

What are the amenities that HOTWIRE associated with this property? NOTE that to see the complete amenities associated with each you will need to do the following:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Could I get a priceline bidding strategy for TS and MTW?

I believe I get one free bid and my budget would be $200.

Why would you bid up to $200 if there is a 4* hotel offered on HOTWIRE for $176/nite? This is why above we asked which of those options you would prefer, since if the 4* HOTWIRE property is acceptable, then $176 could be used as your maximum bid. (but first we would want to try to guess at the HOTWIRE hotel to see if it is likely a hotel that is also 4* rated on PRICELINE, since the two services could rate the same hotel differently)

Does that make sense?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

To me this looks like The Row?

Bidding Helper has the price at $184 but Hotwire has it $178?

The reason I was willing to bid more on Priceline was because I thought the Express on there was for The Jewell which I preferred to the The Row.

However, if I am correct, I now realize that I could of bided higher and still ended up with The Row?

I'd agree that the 4* Times Square property looks like The Row NYC.

HOTWIRE uses a variable mark-up in their pricing so rates can change slightly from one search to the next. Each tab of the BiddingHelper.com is treated as a new search, so the price can differ a little and you should just buy whichever is cheaper (see the IMPORTANT INFO HERE link inside the EASY VIEW tab)

So given the above, how high do you want to bid for a 4* hotel in the TS or MTW zone before considering the PRICELINE EXPRESS property, given that if you bid too high you could simply be overpaying for what is believed to be The Row NYC.

Ok I gave Price.line a go!

I started with TS at $150 - failed got offered a free rebid "If you are willing to raise your price by $66 to $216 per room per night" etc.

I ignored and added MTW and upped my bid to $160 - rejected

Started a new bid with MTW at $165 - failed got offered a free rebid "If you are willing to raise your price by $66 to $216 per room per night" etc.

I ignored and added TS and upped my bid to $170 - rejected

Added free bid zone Morningside Heights for 175 - rejected

At this point should I just go with the Hot.wire deal of $176 in TS?

You do have one more option...

Currently PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* hotel with:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

The price is $219/nite but the discount link and code in my signature brings this down to $186/nite. The above is most likely NOT the Row NYC since their website currently states that they do not allow pets (it's possible that this written policy is left over from the Milford Plaza and their site was not updated, but assuming this information is still correct, the above would not be The Row... and just a few dollars more then your recently failed bids) If i were to take a guess for this property i think the Westin Times Square would be among the likely outcomes.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a hotel in the zone you were originally hoping for and that you're pleased with the result for this well located property.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]