Hotwire Hotel: Looking to win Sheraton River North June 13 & 14 2014

geo
By geo,
in

The Sheraton Chicago River North always seems to have rooms on Hotwire. I entered 6/13/14 and checking out 6/15 using the HOTWIRE link provided. I tried 2 adults and 2 kids and two 4* are avail, one is a boutique so that puts that one out. The other 4* only showing 3 ameneties for $172 (internet, fitness and business). I tried just 2 adults and also get two 4* avail, again one a boutique and the other for $148 but it offers free breakfast so highly unlikey it's the Sheraton. Just wanted to ask thereuare and aaron if you could take a peak and see if you happen to see anything that would suggest the Sheraton. Dates and venue are fixed (wedding). I tried the hotels site and some other .com's and best price I can find that weekend is $215. Thanks in advance. Geo

I'm not seeing what appears to be the Sheraton, but honestly, if you're in the same zone, it's really, really a VERY easy walk (especially in June) or a quick taxi ride.

I'm seeing a 4* when searching for 2adults in the Mag Mile-RN area w/Free Breakfast,Free Internet,Pet friendly,Fitness Center,Business Center,Internet access,Spa Services,Accessible path of travel,In-room accessibility,Accessible bathroom,Roll-in shower for $145 - the price you see may vary slightly. There is a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page. This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board, but I'd guess the Kinzie (former Amalfi) hotel. If this is the Kinzie, that would be a great result.

Again though, while the Sheraton would be convenient, there are some really nice hotels in the area and in the Summer, it's a pleasant walk from most hotels. I definitely would not pay $215 to stay at the Sheraton, but if you must and book direct, please use the board's Sheraton link as found in the Support Page.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

In the wedding that is why I mentioned a change of hotels not being an option. I'll keep an eye out to see if it pops in there but for now I'll just put this tread to closure with nothing booked at this time. Thanks for looking though.

• 1 month later...

Been keeping an eye on this... I now see the following ammenity set for a 4* June 12th, 1 room 1 night 2 adults for $166. However if I click link i get a "could not process your request" page pop up. Will try tomorrow...

Anyway, from hotwire easy view: FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Business Center, Internet access, Spa Services

Looks like it could possibly be the Sheraton but the "spa" ammenity is thowing me off... Aaron what do you think? TIA! Geo

My best guess would be the W Chicago Lakeshore showing a shorter amenity set than usual.

Does the nite of the 6/12 replace your previous dates of 6/13-6/15 or this an additional nite added to the stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In addition to.

If you end up SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID and making two separate purchases, please post the nite of 6/12 as a NEW TOPIC and the nites of 6/13-6/15 in this thread as this will enable each to be found by others when searching the topic titles on the board and will also enable each to have its own link in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks! Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Called and spoke to one of the hotel managers. They are going to honor the price of my other 2 nights rate, it had gone up about $80 from what it was several weeks ago. All 3 nights booked directly with hotel manager. Thanks for helping.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]