Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Downtown) The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites

the_chad
By the_chad,
in

Would this be the LA Hotel (soon to be Hyatt Regency)??

Smoke Free Rooms
    Fitness Center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Business Center
    Internet access

Accessible for the deaf
    Accessible path of travel
    In-room accessibility

I can't see the ENTIRE list on the Bidding Helper because the Easy View shows a $111 room but clicking the red proceed icon returns an error page. Not sure if it's the same hotel or a different one...

Interestingly enough, there is also a 4* showing for $112 (3.5/5, 90%) that does not even appear in the Easy View list. It has amenities of:

Pet friendly
    Smoke Free Rooms
    Fitness Center
    Pool(s)
    Restaurant(s)
    Business Center
    Internet access

Accessible for the blind
    Accessible for the deaf

For both hotels. I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and hot.wire links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog, I think you missed the disconnect in the Bidding Helper info.

1) Yesterday, the $113 3.5* hotel was not appearing in the Easy View tab, but a $111 3.5* hotel was. I was not sure if it was the SAME one from the regular HW tab. Even so, I included ALL of the amenities from the Easy View listing. Again, I mentioned that they could be different (since the regular HW tab listed a 3.5* for a slightly different price, $113). Currently there is a $134, 3.5* hotel appearing in both. It's list from the Easy View tab:

Smoke Free Rooms,

Fitness Center,

Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Business Center,

Internet access,

Accessible for the deaf,

Accessible path of travel,

In-room accessibility,

Accessible bathroom,

Handicapped parking,

Roll-in shower

2) Yesterday, and at the moment, there is one 4* hotel listed in the HW tab for $110 (savings from $184, 90% love it) that does NOT appear in the Easy View. No 4* is appearing in the Easy View... Since I can't get the "full" list, I listed what was available from the regular HW tab/list.

Hope that makes sense. And thanks as always for the insight and help.

On some searches clicking a link in the EASY VIEW tab will 'break' the links in the 'regular Hotwire tab'... and vice versa; just re-click the search button to refresh each tab.

If a hotel is not appear in the EASY VIEW tab (or the link is broken) you can do the following to view the complete amenity list:

-use the HOTWIRE tab and click the offer

-on the next page click the BOOK NOW button

-in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the list of amenities

This is what i'm seeing for the 4* hotel for your dates:

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... if this is what you're seeing, best guess here would be the Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites

This is what i'm seeing for the 3.5* hotel:

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... for this one my guess would be the The LA Hotel Downtown.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Used Price.Line link above (and BiddingHelper.com). Attempted to start bidding at $80 but was given the notice of the bid being historically low to be accepted.

Started actual bidding at $88, immediately was countered with $114 offer.

Rejected and added rebid zones until $101 was accepted.

Total w/ tax for two nights: $242.70

Rate on Westin site $175

PRICELINE EXPRESS 4* offer was listed at $110

Hotwire 4* at $108

Kept seeing similar prices so I tried my luck on getting the Westin Bonaventure for cheaper on PL.

Succeeded (barely) with a winning bid of $101, two nights w/ tax for $242.70

I posted a new topic in the PL area.

Thanks for all of the help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the win and looking forward to your trip.

In the future, you can report your win in the same thread by using the ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN button... the entire thread will then, if necessary, be moved to the correct section of the board. (NOTE: the button is gone now since it can only be used once and then it disappears... it's also only visible to the OP of the thread)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]