Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Cambridge East - Charlestown) Royal Sonesta Hotel Boston

johnmlynch
By johnmlynch,
in

I used the PRICELINE link on the site to begin.  During the day Saturday and Sunday my son was performing at the New England Music Festival at 3.5* Newton Marriot.  We also had tickets for Red Sox at Fenway Saturday night (they lost in extra innings to the Brewers :( )  so I had flexibility to stay either in Newton or Waltham to be near the festival or to stay anywhere along I-90 to be near Fenway.  (I just wanted to be sure to avoid Logan airport or other outlying zones).

First I called the Marriott thinking to make a cancellable reservation at the $110 block rate, but not only was the block rate gone, the entire hotel was sold out.

I noticed  a successful recent post by someone else that was attending the same festival and won a $70 bid at 4*  Westin Waltham, and I had a similar win last year for the same even and since I remember it was only 10 minute drive would have been pleased to get the same deal.  I began bidding at $50 and kept adding zones along I-90 and incrementing by $5 or $10 and finally got this Cambridge East - Charlestown, which was still close enough (2.3 mi) to check in, grab a cab and make it to Fenway for the first pitch).  At least I was able to get a quality hotel for the same block rate I could have gotten at Newton Marriott if I booked earlier.

Details of winning bid:

Room Cost - $110

Room - 1

Nights - 1

Taxes and Fees - $23.77

Total Charges - $133.77

BTW Valet parking was $34 for one night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]