OH Columbus Renaissance Downtown

keithandmissy
By keithandmissy,
in

The stay at the hotel went well.

The hotel was very clean and very well decorated. It was exactly as we expected, we stayed on the 14th floor with a wonderful view of the city and pool deck. We had room service deliver our breakfast in the morning and the service and food was what you would expect for a high-end hotel.

The hotel did tend to try to nickel and dime you (even local calls cost $1 each, valet parking at $22 per day, and high speed internet for $10 per day). We avoided all additional surcharges, except $20 for our continental breakfast.

Overall a good stay and great value on the room rate, but watch the other expenses during your stay.

The only issue was the hotel has been under constant renovation since being taken over by Marriott (it was formerly an Adam's Mark hotel). Also, the ice machine on our floor was out of order.

• 1 month later...

I also stayed at this hotel (12/3/06). It would have been great, however it is under construction and this presents one problem. When someone takes a shower on your floor, the pipes vibrate causing a sound like a city bus is trying to stop within 6" of your ear. It is loud and makes sleeping difficult early in the morning. They really should stay closed until the renovation is complete. They really couldn't have cared less that the situation is going on. I got the room for $35 + tax = $50 via Priceline, so I don't know how much I can complain.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]