Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) The Out NYC

cbonk
By cbonk,
in

Hello. I m looking for a 4*1/2 in Chelsea, NY - from May 26 to May 28. As researched, I think it is the Dream Downtown Hotel. On its website the night costs U$305. Did anybody have a winning bid for this hotel? How much should I bid? I m using betterbidding links for PRICELINE.

Actually, I already tried as far as U$ 191... with no success

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Keep in mind that the 'retail' side of PRICELINE and the 'bidding' side use a different universe of hotels, so even if there is only one 4.5* hotel showing on the retail side when searching for your dates, there still could be others.

With the above noted, what would be your maximum bid for a 4.5* hotel in this zone for your dates? Is this the only zone you're willing to accept?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm really disapointed with nmy win. The price on booking.com is U$ 174, with no bidding. It's a gay hotel and I'm travelling ith my old parents that have walking limitation and it's far from the metro stop. As researched on betterbidding I was expecting Affinia  Hotel or Courtyard (U$ 115 and 161 previous wins)  I had used priceline other times successfully, butI will NEVER use it again. I feel very very sad and I think it is a threath!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Sorry that you're disappointed in the win. Hopefully the hotel will work out better-than-expected.

Thank you for letting us know about this new Price.line property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List. As noted at the top of the lists, new hotels are reported to Betterbidding all the time (as well as ratings changes and zone changes.)

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Help me!! It's a GAY HOTEL over a NIGHT CLUB!!  No chance to stay in this hotel with my old (84 years) parents. It's not a matter of dislike the place. It's a family trip. It's giong to be a nightmare. I need to cancel or to be transfered, pls help me. What can I do??

LOL, sorry for for your experience. Saw a weekend price for $107/night recently and was about to book the hotel myself... until I found out it was a gay hotel located a relatively long walk from the nearest subway station (which was a surprise considering the central location). Priceline should perhaps consider no longer offering this hotel... the reality is there is a very large portion of the population uncomfortable staying at a gay hotel so probably not a good idea to have people bidding on a hotel like that without knowing what they're getting into LOL. The fact that the hotel is located on top of a loud nightclub makes it even worse...

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]