Priceline Hotel: 3* Boston (Cambridge - Harvard - MIT) Courtyard By Marriott Boston-Cambridge

jojojjz
By jojojjz,
in

Hi there~

I am newbie trying to get a deal in Boston 5/2/14-5/4/14.

As there is a 4 star hotel in Beacon Hill area on HOTWIRE (The boxer $143), I am willing to pay $110 for a 3 star above hotel downtown (near subway).

Could someone kindly advise me a bidding strategy?

Also, I need 3 rooms in total. Should I bid them together or separately?

Thank you so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Did you want to first bid for a 4* hotel up to your limit, if rejected try for a 3.5*, and then a 3*... OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip?

Also, which zones, by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept?

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks.

I want to first bid for a 4* hotel up to limit.

Willing to accept Beacon Hills, Boston Common-Theater District, Downtown Boston-Harbor Front, Copley Square-Back Bay.

If the above all rejected, I am willing to accept Cambridge East - Charlestown, Seaport District - Convention Center, Revere - Logan Airport.

When bidding 4* in Boston you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Copley...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Beacon Hill, Boston Common, Downtown, Copley...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. If the above is rejected would you really rather stay by the Airport rather than lowering your star rating, increasing your budget, or taking the HOTWIRE offer?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There are a lot of colleges and universities with graduations this time of year which, in addition to the nicer weather, makes this an expensive time of year in this area.

If you'd like help with an updated bidding strategy please include all zones that are acceptable, the star rating you would like to bid on, and your maximum bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks... and good luck!

Excellent deal. The Courtyard is right near the Kendall Square Red Line T stop. You won't get a great view like you might next door at the Marriott, but otherwise it's just about as good.

I think this date is too early for college graduations, but there's a large event (Boston National College Fair) at the Convention Center that's probably soaking up a lot of rooms.

I think this date is too early for college graduations...

Northeastern commencement is May 2 this year... we have a relative graduating and just canceled our plans to attend, which is why i knew of the specifics for this specific date, but i agree that most are later in the month.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]