Priceline Hotel: Need help with DC for April 9-11

firefly53
By firefly53,
in

Hey all!  I'm having some rotten luck and would love some tips on this one.  I have a training next week near the Capitol so would like to be near a metro stop that can get me there earlier.  Here is what I have tried to far:

4* - Capitol Hill Convention Center - $100 - declined

4* - added Capitol South - $125 - declined

4* - added Downtown/Whitehouse - $135 - declined

4* - added Downtown - $145 - declined

Then tried...

3.5* - Capitol Hill Convention Center - $100 - declined

3.5* - added Capitol South - $125 - declined

3.5* - added Downtown/Whitehouse - $145 - declined

3.5* - added Downtown - $155 - declined

The most frustrating part was this morning there was a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for 4* in Capitol Hill Convention Center for $145 but I had to wait for work approval.  And now it and anything similar are gone.  So I know there were some good ones eariler...

Any bidding tips?  Should I just wait it out?  thanks!

If you go the Priceline.Express route, be sure to note the 5% discount in RED in thereuare's signature.

Also, Pl express deals change regularly.  Maybe you could get work to give you a pre-approved max, and then you could jump on a deal when you see one?

Romelle

Thanks for the quick replies and great ideas!  If you're finding high rates too that makes me feel less crazy (I thought that maybe they were just rising on my specific computer because I've been searching for a couple of days).  They were even higher today so I ended up going to Lastminutetravel.com and got the Sheraton Four Points Downtown Washington for $149 a night plus tax.  

The thread you have on using the hotel id number, coupled with the tripadvisor review numbers, helped me identify it before booking, so thanks for your help!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]