pricematch policy

kirikara
By kirikara,
in

hello everybody

i was just wondering if anybody ever used the pricematch policy of any hotel chains

i found out that wyndham hotels offer a pricemtach policy on thier WEBRATES.

basically they'll match the lower price you found and make your first night free.

there is obviously lots of things to match

like cancelleations conditions, size of the bed etc...and it doesn not include fares from priceline or hotwire

but

here is what i found:

on Hotels.com

the wyndham chicago center is $255 for 2 nights including taxes and it is 267 with wyndham's website

i was thinking about trying it with one night only and see if it works...(it is alot of monye if it is waisted, $267)

and i could even get 2 free nights i guess since i can get my husband to book another one..

any experience with that tricky stuff????

thanks!

i would be staying on the 5th of january and the 6th of january at the chicago downtown one

it seems to be the same deluxe room

the cost without tax is 101 something for the first night, 122 something with taxes

on the webiste it is 116 without taxes and about 133 with taxes

the only think that seems a grey area is the fact that with Hotels.com the cancellation implies a $20 fee before the 2nd whereas i think with thier website there is no refundable policy

i was thikning about just contacting them... i guess it is THE thing not to do...

what is for sure is that i dont have $267 to waiste

thanks for your help

nevermind i am sorry

my Hotels.com got set on the french one by mistake and so the price i was looking at were in euros...

obviously it was too good to be true!

as for info for other people

the wyndahm site give me a room a $107 for thursday only but a room a $116/night if i take thursday and friday...

thanks for your help anyway

ill keep looking!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]