WA Seattle Holiday Inn Downtown

cookofthehouse
By cookofthehouse,
in

Date of stay: Nov 3, 2005, Thursday

Priceline paid: $65

Star rating: ***

This is back to back with the Holiday Inn Express, on Dexter Ave about 3 blocks from the space needle. The choice here by Priceline was very helpful, as I was staying for an event at Key Arena. That alone made it a good deal.

When we arrived, I went to the desk and gave them my name. There was no mention of Priceline, just the usual check-in. Parking was only $4.50 for our stay, the garage being under the building with a key-entry door. Very safe looking and feeling once we drove in - clean too. I was happy to pay it.

Elevator runs a might slow, mostly because you can't encourage the doors to shut with the button. When we got to the room, it was so incredibly clean and tidy. I was pleased. The layout was very logical, so they fit a lot in. They had given us two doubles, and a room with a fridge, microwave, separate sink and disposable plates & utensils. The fridge was nice and cold (hate when you have to turn them on to get them going).

Our 5th floor room looked out over the King5 station, and even though we saw the helicopter leave their roof at least twice, we could barely hear it. Bathroom had everything necessary, and a note to let them know if you had forgotten anything they could provide.

Free internet in your room, and they'll provide the cables if you've forgotten yours at home. My only complaint was that there was no breakfast in the lobby to come down to. Not even some coffee and/or tea to take with you as you go out the door. It's not that I was promised any, that's just something I'm used to - have a glass of juice and a muffin while you get ready to head out. Oh well.

Overall our stay was uneventful and very restful. Will stay again, Priceline or not.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]