Priceline Hotel: 2.5* New York City (Hells Kitchen) Comfort Inn Midtown West

Lucashs
By Lucashs,
in

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

My guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS property would be the Comfort Inn Midtown West.

The HOTWIRE hotel may be the same, or the Best Western Convention Center or the Holiday Inn Express New York - Manhattan West Side may be possibilities here as well.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Stay from May/16 to May/26

Hotwire:

3.5* - East Village - Lower East Side

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center

US$ 164.00/night

3* - Empire State Building

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

US$ 168,00/Night

Thanks!

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

2x

I'm very familiar with NYC, if you let us know the parameters of your trip (minimum star rating, maximum budget per nite before taxes/fees, acceptable zones, any specific needs you have for this stay (ie- close to subway), etc) we will take a closer look to see your best options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sounds great. I really appreciate the effort.

General context: 

- 10 days tourism trip for wife and I. Although we would like to visit a few "blockbuster", we want to prioritize things that a local New Yorker would do. 

Requirements:

- My wife is pregnant, so I need to be close to the metro and offer some comfort;

- Included (free) Breakfest;

- Included (free) Wifi;

- Private Bathroom.

Dates: May/16 to May/26 (unflexible, I already bought the tickets).

I've looked for apartment rentals, but they are not that different in terms of rates for 2 people. Also, pretty much everything affordable doenst have an elevator (wife is pregnant, keep that in mind);

Star wise, I wouldnt care much. Of course if you ask me I would rater stay in a 3.5 or 4 starts hotel, but as long as the place has decent beds, shower and cleaness, I'm good with it. I want to provide my wife with confort for her being 5-6 months pregnant.

Price range: The least expensive hotel that interested me so far was Sumner in Brooklyn, and thats a US$ 130,00/day 3* hotel.

I would consider US$ 130,00 for 2.5* something in Manhattan if its decent and not in Chinatown :).

I guess I could go up to US$ 170.00 for 3 and up hotels.

Preferable zones (near metro), using Hotwire zones:

1) Chelsea

2) Midtown Central Area

3) Time Square Theater District

4) Midtown East

5) Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen

6) Empire States Building

7) Soho Tribeca (excluding anything lower beyond Houston Av)

8) Eat Village - LES (excluding anything lower beyond Houston Av)

I hope you can help me with this!

Thanks,

Lucas.

Hotwire:

3.5* - East Village - Lower East Side

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center

US$ 164.00/night

3* - Empire State Building

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

US$ 168,00/Night

The East Village property is not showing on a current HOTWIRE search.

My guess for the ESB property would be an upgrade of the the NH Jolly Madison Towers Hotel since it was last reported to the board.

If possible i would stretch your budget another $10/nite and take the 4* hotel in the MSG zone for $180/nite:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this property would be the Wyndham New Yorker. While not the best hotel in NYC, it was recently taken over by Wyndham (from the Ramada) and recent reviews are good, but more importantly the hotel has an excellent location right near Penn Station which will make it very easy for you to access the subway. There is no breakfast included (nor is this listed for every hotel above), but you are near one of my new favorite breakfast shops in the city where you can easy get an inexpensive breakfast each day (or from one of the many bagel/donut/coffee carts or nearby luncheonette/delis which all usually have inexpensive breakfast specials)

Your thoughts?

I would suggest staying in Manhattan (not Brooklyn, Queens, Long Island City, or Hoboken), but for something in Manhattan there are no HOTWIRE hotels within your budget, and the only PRICELINE EXPRESS option would be the 2.5* Hell's Kitchen property previously asked about above (which is $151 after using the discount link and code in my signature)

So you need to make a decision/choice between budget vs. location.

The 3* on Empire States Building Area is there now:

3* - Empire State Building
US$ 165,00/Night

Can you help me with that one?

Thanks!

US$ 165,00/Night

US$ 168,00/Night

My guess for the ESB property would be an upgrade of the the NH Jolly Madison Towers Hotel since it was last reported to the board.

Isn't the ESB property in your last post the same that was previously asked about above?

Considering this one now, instead of the Hells Kitchen one:

Priceline

May/16 to May/26

3 Star Hotel in Downtown - Financial District Area for $183/night

Guest Score: Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Breakfast
Free Internet in room
Business Center
Fitness Center

Please share your best guess.

Also, if you have comments on wether you think this is a good area to stay at or not, I would really appreciate!

Thanks once again

Hey guys, thanks for all the help.

I took the 2.5 starts for it includes free Breakfest and overall be almost 300 bucks cheaper than the 4* one (with no breakfest).

I assume that taxi rides from the metro to the hotel wont cost more than that :).

I used this site [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link to purchase.

If you have any tips for places to eat (I heard someone's favority bagel place is around this neighbourhood :)), please share!

Once again, thanks for everything!

Lucas.

Congrats on your success. :)

Glad you are pleased with the result and thank you for letting us know about this new Price.line Express property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

I will note that the Intrepid Air and Space Museum is really a few minutes walk away from this hotel. The Intrepid is not one of the most talked about sights in NYC, but I think it's actually one of the most impressive and unique - it's a giant aircraft carrier on the river that has been turned into a museum. It's amazing to be able to stand on the deck and that provides some fantastic views of the surrounding area.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]