Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Millennium Knickerbocker

hotchip
By hotchip,
in

Hi,

I need assistance identifying a 4 star in the water tower area. $80, regularly $166. Dates of travel: March 21-23.  Amenities include fitness center, internet access, business center, self service laundry, accessible for blind, accessible for deaf, accessible path of travel. 4 out of 5 trip advisor. 90% recommend. Based on hotel lists I have narrowed it down to the Allerton because they list laundry facility as an amenity. I called the Westin and they do not have self service laundry. But Allerton has a 3.5 trip advisor rating and the west in has 4.0. Which hotel is it? 

Thank you.

Please follow-up each of your three previous Chicago threads with whatever you ended up doing for each trip, then reply here and we will have a look at the offer above:

Mag Mile-River North

Priceline Express Chicago hotel

Priceline Express Chicago

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hot.wire's amenity is listed as "self-service laundry", but there have been many hotels that are listed with this amenity that have some form of laundry other than self-service. I'm not positive on what this listing may be:

Either the Allerton (the tripadvisor rating is not updated live), but I don't believe I've seen the Allerton with a 4/5 in a while or this is a previously reported hotel (the Westin Michigan Ave would be a maybe as they do have laundry) with a different amenity set than previously reported.

Are you looking for something in particular in terms of hotel? I'm familiar with the area, so I'd be happy to take a look and make recommendation/s.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I will keep your policy in mind in the future.

Thanks, as it helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as is a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your trip.

Regarding this Chicago Priceline Express win, early in the thread you mentioned that the offer mentioned was no longer available... do you recall if the same property re-appeared or if you purchased a hotel with a different description (or used PRICELINE bidding or HOTWIRE)??

In regards to the property above, my best guess for this one would be the Millennium Knickerbocker.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The River North-NMA zone is either reasonably near or on the Michigan Ave shopping area. The River North part of this zone is terrific - it's not far from Michigan Ave, but has a ton of restaurants. This zone is also more centrally located in the city overall.

The Mag Mile-WT zone is the North half of the NMA area.

I'm also seeing: potential  Intercontinental ($121), potential Palomar ($154), as well as a 4.5* on Price.line Express in the River North-NMA area (plus SPRING14 coupon takes 5% off.) The Hotel Chicago (which was formerly the Sax) is $135 regular rate for 2 doubles on Hot.wire - that property is in a great location by the river. It's a bit of a walk to Michigan Ave, but near tons of restaurants.  Let us know if any of these possibilities would be of interest and we would be happy to point them out on Hot.wire

The $80 would be the cheapest 4* option, although if the Knickerbocker, that is an older hotel with rooms that - while renovated a few years ago - are on the smaller side.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]