Priceline Hotel: 4* MSP (Airport MSP - Mall of America)

andyk1001
By andyk1001,
in

I'd like to try to win the Radisson Blu in the MSP (Airport MSP - Mall of America). There is a 4* option when bidding in the zone. There are no reports that anyone has won it via Price.line, but I see people have been successful through Hot.wire. Has anyone tried?

You can't bid on, or target, a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. While the Radisson may have been recently upgraded to the 4* level, it may not have been the only property upgraded, so no guarantees that you will get what you're hoping for.

With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

What are the dates of your stay? Have you checked HOTWIRE at all to see if what appears to be the Radisson is offered for your dates? I would start there, then you can decide if the rate is discounted enough to go with the HOTWIRE offer, OR how much you would need to further save in order to take the risk of bidding on PRICELINE. As well, PRICELINE EXPRESS might be a good option to check as well.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 4* offered in the MSP Airport zone with:

Free Internet in room

Indoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

... but it's priced at $147/nite (even with the discount link and code in my signature for another 5% OFF you're looking at $140/nite). How much is a 4* hotel in this zone worth to you for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]