Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) The James Chicago

mikiwzh
By mikiwzh,
in

Preferred area: 8. North Michigan Ave - River North Area, 7. Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area

Preferred Star: 4 star and up, 3.5 is also fine

Any suggestion on the star level and area? For example, if some known winning 4 star hotel in North Michigan Ave region has a very bad reputation, then I will start bid on this area from 4.5 star. 

Please give me any suggestion for the bidding price.

Thanks

I don't think there are any 4*'s in the River North-NMA area that I would consider "very bad", but a few do get mixed reviews (the Felix and Allerton, primarily.)

You have a couple of options - you could use HOTWIRE to see if a 4* that is potentially to your liking is showing for your date/s, making an educated guess based upon information showing. Or: you could try bidding on PRICELINE at the 4.5* level if you want to try to avoid some of the 4*'s.

In terms of staying North (River North-NMA) or South (Millennium Park-Loop-Grant Park) of the river, I will note that there is often more going on North of the river, whereas some areas in the Loop South of the River can be very quiet, especially later at night. Some of the hotels in the West half of the Loop are also moderately inconvenient from a tourist perspective (W City Center, Allegro)

At the 4* level in NMA, you could likely get something for around $100 or just a little bit under that. 4.5* will likely take more towards the $130-140 range.

Let us know your thoughts on the above and what you would like to focus on in terms of zone, star rating, etc.

Also, please let me know if you have any questions about Chicago.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you very much. This information is really helpful. If I bid for Loop area, I would like to as close to the river north as possible. Therefore, it will be a good idea to guess the hotel first.

From my past bidding experience, I first identify a hotel in PRICELINE EXPRESS deal, and then bid the hotel at a slightly lower price tha PRICELINE EXPRESS deal times 0.95. Using this method, I got two hotels I wanted. However, I am still relatively new to PRICELINE. I don't know if any hotel in Name Your Own Price doesn't appear on the Express Deal at the same time.

Each division of PRICELINE: bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS, and 'retail', each use a different universe of hotels, and while there is overlap between all three, you shouldn't expect the hotel you see from PRICELINE EXPRESS to necessarily be the one you win when bidding, nor should you expect the hotel you win by bidding or PRICELINE EXPRESS to be one that appears in the 'retail' listings for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

4.29-5.1 Win The James at 96 dollars per night. Used the [url=http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=40]PRICELINE[/url] link, and first bid for 4.29-4.30. I saw the winning post for 4.26-4.27. Started bidding at 93, got rejected. Then added a rebid zone, and bid at 96, accepted! After seeing the hotel is the James, extended the stay to 5.1. (I wasn't able to extend the stay to 5.2) Therefore, I need to bid another hotel for 5.1-5.2 stay. 

I don't know if this is a great deal since the room type will be assigned on check-in. I would like to get a double room, but it will depend on what rooms available. Having the risk of adding 30 dollars for a rollaway bed if double room is not available.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]