Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Midtown West) Club Quarters, Opposite Rockefeller Center

Dillsnik
By Dillsnik,
in

Hi all, love your forum and keep coming back to see all the successes. 

I am planning to do a last minute getaway to NYC with the wife next weekend.  I love new york and have been many times, but only really STAYED in the city on a few occasions.  

there's so much to do and see in the city, and my personal favorite areas to be in are actually some of the hardest to find a good room in.  LES and the Village.  

I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on where to do a search for, i'm more willing to include areas i think than exclude them.  I would probably be fine in almost any section short of Financial district and the upper sides, but i also prefer to not be too close to the touristy areas, but am not sure if that means ruling those zones out, or just include them bc it might make for the most success in bidding.  All in all, if we are in a nice place, anywhere is accessible, so i am not SO worried. 

Anyone with an opinion and experience feel free to chime in before i start my search and share the results!

BetterBidding.com HOTWIRE.com PRICELINE.com for life!

We need to know more of your criteria for this trip in order to try to assist with your stay, how would you rank the following in terms of importance:

star rating

price

value

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

gotcha, sorry for the vagueness.  to me it's complicated to rank location because if i can't find a good place in LES then almost all other areas are equivalent more or less, except for the upper side which i would not want.   But i would be willing to spend more money for comparable place in LES than i would anywhere else. 

that said, all in all i would say that location is least important, second is star rating.  i am thinking price and value are most important.   

is that more helpful?

that said, all in all i would say that location is least important...

Sounds to me that location is most important, as you are willing to sacrifice other things, such as price (and star rating??) to be in the LES side.

So let's break it down further... i think you're likely looking at the following room rates per nite for the LES zone:

4* - $160-$180/nite

3* - $110-$130/nite

On PRICELINE EXPRESS there are currently some crazy deal available...

4* Downtown for $73/nite (Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center)

3.5* Downtown for $73 (RRestaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center)

3.5* MTW for $89 (Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center)

3.5* MSG for $90 (Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center)

==> and using the discount link and code in my signature gives an extra 5% OFF

So based upon the above what would you like to try for first... or do you want to take on of the PRICELINE EXPRESS offers (seriously, i'm not sure why pricing is so low at the moment, but we just started seeing these very low prices an hour or two ago, and i don't expect them to stick around for very long)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much for the prompt reply with that information!  $89 a night for a 3.5 star hotel in NYC is unheard of!!  

Went with MTW over Financial district and got the club quarters Rockefeller ctr location

i even called the hotel to check the room type and they have us in their standard room, as opposed to the cheaper club room.

all in it was 216.70 after taxes and with the 5% off.

thank you so much for the help!  Glad i stopped by and posted!!

thanks, i am definitely pleased.  

i am curious what others think about these express deals, as they are relatively new to me.  

I wonder if they give a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal of that price, would it always make sense to just throw a bid in just below, and hope for an even better deal?  Seems logical being as you can always just go grab the express deal if you don't get a bid accepted.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]