Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Ventura (Thousand Oaks) Sheraton Agoura Hills Hotel

kershawrulz
By kershawrulz,
in

I needed specifically this hotel for a conference.  Using your HOTWIRE link I checked there and saw a 3.5* in Thousand Oaks-Agoura Hills for $74 (total $183.40) with amenities: Free Parking, Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self Service laundry, Internet access.  From your Hotwire list, there are two 3.5*: the Sheraton Agoura and the Hyatt Westlake Plaza.  The amenities matched up (although not an exact match) only with the Sheraton because of Smoke Free and Laundry, but no Spa, so I assumed the Hyatt Westlake Plaza is not looking to sell cheaply for this weekend.

I confirmed on your Priceline list that these are the only two 3.5* hotels in the Ventura-Thousand Oaks zone and started bidding using your PRICELINE link.  I had 2 rebid zones -- 1 Camarillo and 2 Port Heunene-Oxnard, allowing me to make 4 bids per 24 hours.  My first run I bid $55, $57, $59, and $61 and was not accepted, but for my last 2 bids was offered to bid $79 so I knew I was getting close.  Next day I bid $63, $65, $66, $67 and was again not accepted but offered to bid $79 each time.  Then on the third day I saw the Hotwire rate had gone up from $74 to $77, so I bid $69 and was accepted for a total of $163.94.  The $69 bid was accepted 6 days ago.

Saved about $20 compared to Hotwire and over $50 compared to what I would've paid total otherwise, so I'm happy.  I've stayed at this hotel before so I already know it's a good one and look forward to my stay.

Congratulations on your success!

Nicely done! Glad to see you received a nice deal and are happy with the results.

For future bidding, note from the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List that you should NOT use the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones as you could easily end up in a zone you didn't intend... only use the method outlined in Priceline Re-Bidding Explained; feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones before bidding for your next hotel.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]