Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Times Square West

themillers4213
By themillers4213,
in

Good evening. I apologize in advance as I am new to the site.  I have read all of the information in regards to how everything works but wanted to see if I could get some bidding advice / ballpark estimate before I dive into my first attempt at bidding.  Our family is heading to NY for Lacrosse and spending time in the city before we head out of the city for the weekend tournament.  The dates above are the nights we will be in the city.  We will be doing typical family attractions so I believe the following zones would be ideal?  please correct me if I am wrong.

Central Park South

Midtown West

Times Square

I would say a Holiday Inn or Courtyard type quality is acceptable so again I apologize but I am not sure where I would start the bidding and where I should expect to end up.  My guess is that is about a       3 1/2 for NYC?  Look forward to hearing from you and trying this out. 

Our family is heading to NY...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Since you mention you're traveling with your family, how many adults/children will you be and how many rooms did you intend to book? Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed (especially in NYC where rooms are notoriously small and a higher percentage of rooms only have one bed). While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request.

If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply. I only want 1 room but we will have 2 adults and 2 kids. I am not opposed to either site but was hoping for the better deals Priceline appears to offer.

I am also open to other family friendly areas if they are less expensive since the public transportation will allow easy access to the popular landmarks. Any other location suggestions would be very welcomed as well.

Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request (especially in NYC where rooms are notoriously small and hotels have a high percentage of rooms with only one bed, and at many hotels rooms with two beds is considered an upgrade). Is this a risk you're willing to accept?

If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let's start with your thoughts on the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you are willing to accept a 3.5* hotel in most midtown locations (MTE, MTW, TS, MSG, ESB), you're likely looking in the $150-$170 area... if only the zones above probably $180-$200.

Also, i would avoid the CPS zone as it contains the Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms and won't hold a family of four (unless you're willing to pay for an upgrade which may or may not be available for your dates at the time of check-in)

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

The hotel i saw last nite that i though might accept in the $150-$170 area is now gone, and it think you're now looking at $180-$200 for this area, but we will give the $170 maximum a try and if rejected discuss your options from there.

You can try:

Select 3.5* MTE...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW...

Select 3.5* TS...

Select 3.5* MSG...

Select 3.5* ESB...

Select 3.5* MTE and MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* TS and MSG...

Select 3.5* ESB and MTE...

Select 3.5* MTE and TS...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW and MSG...

Select 3.5* ESB and MTW...

Select 3.5* MTE and MSG...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTW and TS...

Select 3.5* ESB and TS...

Select 3.5* MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTE, MTW, MSG...

Select 3.5* MTE, MTW, ESB...

Select 3.5* MTE, TS, MSG...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTE, MSG, ESB...

Select 3.5* MTW, TS, MSG...

Select 3.5* MTE, MTW, TS, MSG...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTE, MTW, TS, ESB...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MSG, ESB, MTE, MTW...

Bid $168, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MSG, ESB, MTE, TS...

Bid $168, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3.5* MTE, MTW, TS, MSG, ESB...

Bid $170

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Good morning.  I wanted to follow up and say thank you.  We made it almost to the end of your instructions and had a bid accepted.  At $168 a night we are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/ Times Square West (307 W 37th ST) which I believe is a MSG neighborhood for Priceline.  It looks like that hotel is $289 for 2 nights and $341 for 2 nights during the time of our stay so we are very excited and wanted to say thanks.  We will definitely use your site for all of our hotel needs. 

Congrats on your success. :)

Very good win for this property - especially during the very busy late Spring/early Summer period. Glad you are looking forward to your stay and we look forward to helping with future stays.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]