Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Swissotel

Cru
By Cru,
in

Flying to Chicago morning of Dec. 3 for a one night weekend Holiday shopping visit with my wife. Desire a 4* in either North Mich. Ave./River North or MP/Loop/Grant Park areas.

Last year in early December I got the Hilton across from Grant Park for $99.

Started bidding this morning with North Mich. for $69. Rejected

Continued bidding by adding Grant Park area, same price. Rejected.

Continued bidding by adding Boutique Hotels and raising bid to $79. Rejected.

Now waiting for 72 hours to expire. I have a reservation through Marriott Rewards at the Marriott Renaissance for $159 so I'm trying to come in under that--preferably at the $100 level or less like last year.

Suggestions for next round other than raising the bid?

Cru, be sure to read this thread to learn about rebidding using zones you don't actually want to stay in...

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act...=ST&f=173&t=16&

For example, if you want a 4* hotel in the North Michigan Ave area, you might start with that zone ONLY at $80. (You know that $79 has been rejected, after all.) If $80 fails, then select the Midway Airport area as well, and raise your bid, say, to $85. Do NOT add other star-levels. There are no 4* hotels in the Midway airport area, so you are effectively getting a free rebid, since Priceline won't put you in a hotel at a star level lower than what you are bidding for.

4* in the Chicago area has two free rebids right now -- Midway Airport and Skokie/Niles/Evanston.

If you add ANY other area other than those two, you run the risk of getting a hotel in one of those areas.

If you want to rebid right now, try a new bid (don't go back to your old one) with 4* and check the North Michigan and Midway zones. I'd start at $80. (Priceline will not let you redo a bid of JUST the North Michigan zone right now; you would have to wait the 72 hours. Including Midway, which you didn't do before, makes this seem like a completely different bid...) If $80 fails, add Skokie and raise your bid. If THAT fails, wait 72 hours and try again. OR, if other 4*zones are okay with you, start a NEW bid with, say, the Loop, at 4*, $80. If that fails, add Midway, raise the bid, etc.

Let us know how it works out.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]