Priceline Hotel: 2.5* New York City Airports (LGA) Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport

woodpecker
By woodpecker,
in

Trying to get 2 rooms for August around LGA for a night, after we will arive in the evening from Europe. Priceline offers one for 93$ in PED. Hotwire a 2,5 for 91$. NYOP show amenities like Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center. I need a airport shuttle as well. I think this one should be the Clarion Hotel. Can you confirm or give me advice?

Have been trying to get it for 75$, but was rejected. What do you think should be the winning bid?

I need a airport shuttle as well.
As this is not listed as one of the guaranteed amenities under 'NYOP' you can't guarantee that the hotel you receive will have a shuttle, you would need to use HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS and choose an offer that has the Shuttle amenity listed.

Based upon the above, is bidding on PRICELINE still a viable option or do you want to first look at PRICELINE EXPRESS?

What are the amenities associated with the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer? Also, using the link and code in my signature currently gives 10% OFF of PRICELINE EXPRESS deals, bringing the $93/nite room rate down to $84/nite, just $9 more than you have already bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you for answering so fast. I have tried the Express Deal and was wondering that there was offered now a 2.5* hotel for 93$. 3* costs now 103$.

Airport shuttle is not mandatory for me, I think most of the hotels in that area offer that. So they do it all at PExD.

What hotel do you think will be the 3* at NYOP?

But the Express deals looks also good. Amenities are

Free Breakfast

Free Internet in room

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

and bed choice is also available. Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn. What do you think?

I don't think any either of the hotels above has a Restaurant (although TA does list a restaurant at the Hampton Inn i couldn't find any other site that listed this as an amenity)... my guess for the 2.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS property would be the Clarion Hotel La Guardia Airport.

As far as what you might get when bidding on PRICELINE, you could receive any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you select. There is no information provided about the hotel you're bidding on so there is no way to guess at, or target, a specific property before you bid. The 'guaranteed amenities' that are shown in the NYOP section of PRICELINE are amenities that are offered at every hotel of that star rating in the zone, so there is no way to guess as to which one you may receive.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Many thanks for the explanation. I am not at the end of my tether, have a lot of time until my travelling date and will observe the offers. I am also looking for a 3 and 2 day stay for my journey in Manhattan. That will be a little bit more diffcult. May I ask some questions about that in this thread as well or should I open a new one?

Have increased my offer to 80$ today and won the Clarion Hotel. I had hoped to get the Hampton or Fairfield Inn instead of the Clarion, but nevermind.

Amenities has been displayed during the bid process:

Business Center

Fitness Center

Got 2 rooms plus 43.16 tax. Total of 203.16$ or 101,58$ each room. Not a real bargain but not that bad.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]