Can you help me identify these hotels? Dates of travel are Nov 3-5, 2005

1. 4*Magnificent mile-wacker dr

Amenities are: Restaurant, finess, spa, internet, business

customer favorite hotwire price $110.00

2. 4* Magnificent mile-loop

fitness, internet, business hotwire price $141.00

3. 4* magnificent mile-north michigan ave-water tower-gold coast

restaurant, internet hotwire price $202.00

If you know these properties what would be your first choice? Looking for something nice....romantic getaway with my hubby!

<<1. 4*Magnificent mile-wacker dr

Amenities are: Restaurant, finess, spa, internet, business

customer favorite hotwire price $110.00

2. 4* Magnificent mile-loop

fitness, internet, business hotwire price $141.00

3. 4* magnificent mile-north michigan ave-water tower-gold coast

restaurant, internet hotwire price $202.00>>

The first one is likely the Hyatt which, over the last few days, has changed its amenity listing on Hotwire and is now showing internet and spa along with the other three, which were previously the only amenities the property showed.

If you mean just the loop area for the second one (Mag Mile and Loop are separate areas on Hotwire), then you are likely looking at the Hard Rock for the second one.

The last one appears to be hiding some of the amenities, so it's difficult to make an exact guess there.

Neither of the two hotels mentioned above as likely possibilities are particularly "romantic". Let me make a different suggestion - I'd recommend the Hotel Indigo, which is in the Gold Coast area. It's near the popular Rush St. restaurant/bar area, it's a little ways from the Water Tower shopping area, and the neighborhood is quite nice. The lake is only a few blocks away, so if you wanted to take a stroll along the lake, that would be easy.

The hotel just opened last Summer, and is a newly remodeled property. The hotel is located in an area with a lot of beautiful homes/apartments, but the Division St. area is a block and a half South. There's also an Edwardo's pizza (which I think is quite good) half a block South.

That would be a hotel that I would consider more quiet and romantic. If you wanted to stroll around Lincoln Park Zoo, that's a 10 minute walk directly North, through the residential area. Old Town is also not far.

It's $169 on Travelocity for your dates.

If you want to take a look at the hotel, the website is http://www.goldcoastchicagohotel.com/

Ooops, sorry about that...it is the loop for the second one. Thanks for the tip on hotel indigo...looks cool but a bit away from where we would like to be....doesn't have to be too romantic...just nicer than hyatt regency...had a bad experience when we stayed there last time! Anyone else have input or guesses?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]