Priceline Hotel: Northern VA, or Dulles help

travel2
By travel2,
in

Thanks so much for offering help. My travel plans are rather firm now actually, we are going to a wedding. I need two rooms for May 26, 27. We need to stay in Northern VA, IAD area. I have been reading here alot and on another site too. I really want the Hilton or the Marriott Westfields. I didn't want it that bad till I started reading. LOL. People are getting the Hilton for $40 and the Marriott for $55 best I can recall and they were weekend dates too. I want one of those!! They say what you don't know won't hurt you, well I know now that its possible, so it will hurt if I have to pay $90+ for either. I believe the Hilton is 3* and the Marriott is 4*. We went to northern VA and I used Priceline and paid $52 for Sterling area and got the Homestead Suite. Course that was Monday night, not a weekend. I would rather have stayed at one of the others. I know its a different area, but very close. If only I had known then. But I do really want to get one of those for this wedding. Any help is so much appreciated. I just wanted to help my chances if it possible. I have read about the free rebids and even though I am new I have read pages and pages of tips here. I just wonder when I should start trying to bid. And how long might this take? Sorry didn't mean to write a book guess I am just trying to fill you in, so you can help. Thanks!

There are at least 8 3* hotels that have come up in this zone (and none of them bad), so unfortunately there' s no way to guarantee any one. The Marriott Westfields has been coming up a lot lately though, and it looks like their lowest Priceline rate is $55. I don't see where the Hilton has come up for $40 - it's been taking at least $50 for this zone. No harm in trying $40 for the hell of it though, increasing by $5 up to $55 using your 3 free rebid zones - Sterling, Manassas and East Falls Church. Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]