Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Empire State Building) St. Giles - The Tuscany

Charlie44
By Charlie44,
in

Looking to find the great deal via priceline for the week of Feb 22 - March 1 during low season.

Is it feasible to get a 4.5* in Soho or Midtown West for max $130? Shall I keep trying daily since I still have 2 weeks?

Since we are there for 7 nights and since there will be tax added onto the final bid amount, I'd really like to keep it under $130 and get a great place. This trip is for a milestone birthday, so it'd be great if we can pull off something that is a little special (design hotel or else a higher quality chain).

Perfect in the 4.5* category would be The James, the Royalton, or Mondrian Soho, but would also be open to the Sofitel.

For a 5*, I'd pay up to 160 and would love to get the Chatwal.

I have some experience with priceline, and realise that you never know for sure. Still, perhaps it could work with research, daily bidding, and your advice.

Your thoughts on a way forward for tomorrow's bidding?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

With PRICELINE, you really have to be willing to accept any property under the star rating chosen in the zone chosen. Looking for a hotel with a particular style, such as a more stylish boutique with intimate service, is a definite risk on the service. HOTWIRE is somewhat better from the standpoint of you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing for your particular date/s, given the information showing. Still, there is no way to guarantee a particular property via either service.

This period is still a slower period, but it's on the back half of the slower period and rates do start to climb a little in the back half of Feb and into March. $160 for a 5* unfortunately does not appear likely and a 4.5* in the zone/s mentioned for $130 is going to be problematic. I do see a 4.5* in the ESB area on HOTWIRE, although I'm guessing it may be the St Giles Tuscany. For a 4.5*/5 in the zones mentioned, I think it will probably end up taking more towards the $175-200+ area, depending on the zone/star rating.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help.

Can you please help me identify a HOTWIRE hotel? I used your link and here are the details:

Downtown/Soho/Financial District

4*

$131

90% recommended by hotwire users. 554 total hotwire reviews. No tripadvisor info.

Amenities:

Internet access

Business center

Restaurant

Accessibility (blind/deaf/path of travel/in room/accessible bathroom/roll in shower)

Thank you.

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board and with these amenities being fairly common for a NYC hotel i'm afraid i don't have any insight for this one.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]