Priceline Hotel: 5* Phoenix (North Scottsdale) The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess

bichomau
By bichomau,
in

I began working on this trip for this Hotel literally 4 weeks before we were to depart. It is the only 5* in North Scottsdale, so I knew I had my work cut out for me. I began bidding at the end of October at $50. I knew I would never get that price, but I usually start really low like this when I have the time to play. I would add "Dead Zones", until I ran out of them, every day. Finally, just when I thought I was going to have to break the $100 line, my bid was accepted.

Something odd....Priceline offers you the option to add a day or two onto the beginning or end of your trip and after I booked this trip, I tried to add a day on to the end of the trip-actually 2, so we could check out on the 29th or 30th, but the offer was not accepted and they came back with a counteroffer of $265.00 per night. What?!?!

Anyway, I was very happy with my bid for this Hotel, and since I am posting after we have already stayed there, I can say this place was worth every penny just for how beautiful the hotel and grounds are. You MUST pay a Resort Fee of $29 per day. The Resort Fee includes a self-park, but Valet is of course extra.

I always use the priceline and [url="http://www.betterbidding.com/clicks/click.php?afsrc=1&id=33"]HOTWIRE[/url] links on the BetterBidding page. Thank you very much for this web site.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal and enjoyed your stay.

When you are given the opportunity to try to add nites PRICELINE can come back with three options:

1) you've successfully extended your stay

2) rooms are available but only at $xx (and you have the option to accept or reject the higher price)

3) no rooms available to extend your stay

It makes sense that the extend your stay option isn't guaranteed since rates can very substantially from one day to the next, and PRICELINE doesn't know how many days you would try to add on to your stay nor if you will try to add dates to the beginning or end of your trip (and the rates for each could be very different from each other)

Thank you for sharing your PRICELINE win with the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]