Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) InterContinental The Barclay

ItchyItchy
By ItchyItchy,
in

Hi, we are a family of five going to NYC for about a week. We need first up 3 rooms for Sat 29 March.

Can you suggest a bidding strategy please? As we need to get 3 rooms, I don't want to spend too much per room. But, if you can provide any guidance about what might be reasonable, that be great too.

We are staying from the 30th in Hell's Kitchen, so that would be our preferred area first up. But, we'd also be prepared to stay in the following areas:

Chelsea

ESB

MTW

MTE

Times Sq

CPS.

Anything from 3* up would be ok.

Thanks in anticipation!

CC

Did you want to only bid the HK zone up to a certain price point, then if rejected add the other acceptable zones... or is price the most important factor and the goal is the least expensive 3* or better in any of the acceptable zones?

Also, so we don't suggest a strategy that goes higher than you're willing to pay, what would be your maximum bid for the above? (before you consider other zones and/or lowering your star rating)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

NOTE that in the CPS zone is the Hudson Hotel which has notoriously small rooms, so you may want to include/exclude this zone depending upon if this would be an issue for you or not (i've included CPS below in parenthesis, you can simply follow the strategy and include/exclude based upon your needs if a very small room would be bothersome to you or not)

I'm assuming that something at $130 or less would be within your budget? If so you can bid as follows:

Select 3* HK and MTW (and CPS)...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB and TS...

Select 3* MTE and Chelsea...

Select 3* HK and TS (and CPS)...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB and Chelsea...

Select 3* MTE and MTW...

Select 3* HK, Chelsea, ESB (and CPS)...

Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW, MTE, TS...

Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW, Chelsea, ESB (and CPS)...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* HK, MTE, TS...

Bid $115, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* HK, Chelsea, TS (and CPS)...

Bid $118, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* ESB, MTW, MTE...

Bid $118, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* HK, Chelsea, ESB, MTW (and CPS)...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* HK, Chelsea, ESB, MTE...

Select 3* HK, Chelsea, ESB, TS...

Select 3* MTW, MTE, TS, HK (and CPS)...

Bid $123, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTW, MTE, TS, Chelsea...

Select 3* MTW, MTE, TS, ESB...

Select 3* HK, Chelsea, ESB, MTW, MTE (and CPS)...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* HK, Chelsea, ESB, MTW, TS...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTE, TS, HK, Chelsea, ESB (and CPS)...

Bid $128, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* MTE, TS, HK, Chelsea, MTW...

Bid $128, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 3* HK, Chelsea, ESB, MTW, MTE, TS (and CPS)...

Bid $130

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for your help, I'll give it a go!

But, before I do, curveball, I've just checked on Hotwire (same dates), but 2 rooms, entered 5 people, has come back with $497AUD (about $435USD, including taxes), 4*, MTE, with these facilities

• Pet friendly Fitness Center Restaurant(s) Business Center Internet access Tennis Nearby Spa Services Accessible for the blind Accessible for the deaf Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility Accessible bathroom Handicapped parking Roll-in shower

I'm thinking InterContinental Barclay. Wish I'd checked earlier :( as that may be as safe an option!

CC

Ok, so my husband and I decided just to pretty much take the guesswork out and went with HOTWIRE - using the link here of course!

Worked out at roughly $435, including taxes, for 2 rooms, 5 pax, Intercontinental The Barclay. Pretty happy with that!

Thanks so much for your help, and sorry I didn't do this part sooner. I feel like I've wasted your time. :(

I'll post this win in the relevant section too.

Thanks again

CC

:D

~$218/room (we booked two rooms, 4 adults, 1 child).

Pretty happy with that. Thanks to this great site, took the guess work out, we pretty much knew we'd get this hotel, and for one night, it will be perfect. Of course, I used the HOTWIRE link :)

Thanks team BB!

CC :P

PS here was the list of facilities provided before booking:

Pet friendly , Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Tennis Nearby, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the result and this property will work well for your plans this nite.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

For the future, please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

The format for winning bids posted to the board are per room and before fees/taxes, so i edited your topic title to reflect the current rate i saw for this same property for your dates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]