Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown

tommyg
By tommyg,
in

I'm going to be heading to Pitt April 11-14th and need a single room in Downtown Pittsburgh. I will be attending a Penguins game at the Consol so staying as close as possible is ideal. Price isn't a huge deal so I'll pay the higher price for a closer hotel. I really didnt dig into Priceline as I'm a bit leary of getting one that's far away although would consider it if pointed in the right direction!

I'm finding 4 on Hotwire with the above criteria.

2 Options for 3.5* @ $96 which I believe both to be the Wyndham. Not sure why it shows up twice, but that's what I'm getting.

The other two are a 4* @ $136 and a 3* @ $133.

The $136 4* lists the following amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

The $133 3* lists the following:

Pool(s)

Self service laundry

Internet access

I do NOT want to be across the river at the Sherritan Station Square hotel as getting across the river to where we will want to be is a total chore.

Again I'd look into Priceline if I could get close with the Doubletree, Cambria or Marriott. :)

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My best guess for the 4* would be the Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh.

For the 3.5* this is the amenity set i'm seeing (which is slightly different then the amenity set above):

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

--> if this is what you're seeing my guess for this one would be the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown

I don't have a guess for the 3* property, but i assume that one of the above works for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Cambria Suites and Marriott City Center are closest to the Consol, both being adjacent to the arena; the Doubletree and Omni William Penn are also very close; the Westin is a bit of a walk - probably 10-15 minute range; hotels close to the Point like the Wyndham are a long walk, but you could also take the Subway from that area (last I heard the Subway is free within downtown stops, but I am not sure on that point) to the BYN Mellon Center stop which is by the Omni and Doubletree - about 5 minute walk to the Consol.

The Wyndham isn't that bad of a walk and will certainly work for us since it's so close to everything downtown. As I originally posted, anything on the PRICELINE site that might get to the Doubletree, Marriott or Cambria Suites? I'd rather go to any of those since they are closer but I'm sort of a dope when it comes to that website :)

There is no way to guarantee a particular property when bidding on PRICELINE. On the Express side, you can try to ID a listing, but given the "common" nature of the amenities that are often shown, the listings are often difficult to narrow down to a specific property and it's common that there could be a few (or more) different properties that a particular listing could be.

Are you seeing a listing of interest on PRICELINE EXPRESS? If so, please provide the full details of the listing (star rating, price, zone and amenities.)

Looking for 2 adults and 2 children (even if there isn't two children in your party) MAY result in different results on HOTWIRE but they can also be more expensive.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Ended up pulling the trigger on the 3.5* with the following amenities and it was the Wyndham Grand.

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]