Priceline Hotel: Bidding Help for Miami South Beach

bobbipody
By bobbipody,
in

I'm looking for bidding help for Miami on March 6. I would like to stay in a 3.5* or higher for less than $150. I'm going on a cruise so I would consider South Beach - Central, South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront, South Beach - Ocean Drive. This is my first time trying!! Thanks for the help.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

We will suggest a strategy for whatever you would like, but a few comments:

1) if you are successful it will likely be near the top of your budget

2) are you flying in? If so, do you land very early or more mid-day/late-day? You will usually have far less time on the day of your arrival then you think, and by the time you collect your bags and make it to the hotel there is very little time left in the day to enjoy the beach or whatever other area(s) you intend to visit. For this reason most pre-cruise stays remain close to the airport or in the Downtown zone (which is on the way from the airport to the cruise port), enjoy a relaxing evening in or near the hotel and going out for dinner, and then rest up for the week ahead. Many find to stay in South Beach is not worth the added hotel cost and taxi expense given the little amount of time that you'll actually be able to take advantage of the area.

Ultimately you know your plans and travel arrangements better than we do, so in light of the above let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- if you're not familiar with the area, and where zones, hotels, etc. are in relation to the airport and cruise port, see our sister site: Pre Cruise Hotels

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the advice. I think you are right and I don't think south beach would be worth it with the short amount of time that we have. I am flying in midday so I think the downtown area would be the best choice. Could you suggest a strategy for this area? Thank you again for your help!

When bidding 3.5* in the Miami region you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

If the above is rejected PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 3.5* hotel in this zone for $143 (only showing Restaurant amenity so unfortunately i don't have any insight into which one this may be) which you could then take.

Any questions (especially regarding re-bidding if you're new to the subject) feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]