Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (Evanston - Skokie - Niles) Doubletree

workingmom
By workingmom,
in

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post. HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I'll also ask do you need to be in this area?

The issue with the Evanston/Skokie area is that Evanston is highly convenient to transit downtown and there's a lot of restaurants and shopping that's easy to walk to. Skokie is nice, but not nearly as convenient to transit and hard to get around without a car.

The Northbrook/Deerfield/Glenview areas to the North require a car, but are often cheaper than Evanston/Skokie, given that there's more hotels to the North. Also, if you are driving, the hotels in Evanston do charge for parking.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

OK, running a new search per your instructions, I come up with the following amenities:

Free Parking, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

I'll also ask do you need to be in this area?

Well, yes, I'm afraid I do need to be in this area. I will be attending a continuing education course for my job and it will be at the DoubleTree Hotel in Skokie. Hoping to beat the "conference room rate" of $135/night.

I do plan on visiting the city center, however on either the front (or back) end of my trip for a night or two... I have never been to Chicago and look fwd to it. I will use this board to make those plans of course, but not until I've nailed down this part.

Thanks for the tips. Was hoping to avoid having to rent a car altogether.

If you are staying at the Doubletree, there are buses to Evanston (and then either take the Metra OR CTA trains from Evanston downtown) or to the Skokie Swift station (and then take the CTA downtown.) The Skokie Swift does have limited hours and the buses do not run too late.

So, you could stay at this Doubletree and not rent a car, but it is somewhat of a hassle to get there via public transit (if you are flying into O'Hare or Midway and then trying to make your way to this property via public transit, prepare for a long trip) and get around from there. If you are primarily going to be at the hotel during this period, then it's not really a problem.

The Old Orchard mall is on the opposite corner from the Doubletree - that's a nice outdoor mall with a lot of the same kind of things you'll find on Michigan Ave, as well as a nice array of food options, including Frontera Fresco.

If you walk about half a block South of your hotel, there is a mall with an Old Navy and Marshalls. In that mall is a fairly large Jewel Grocery for snacks/drinks to take back to the hotel.

One note about this Doubletree, the elevators are slow. I'd also ask for a high floor to get a view of the surrounding area.

Please let me know if you have any questions about Chicago (or the Skokie/Evanston area.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Just as you guessed --- Doubletree Chicago North Shore in Skokie. Terrific! - It's where we'll need to be.

Thanks for providing us the confidence to bid and save some money. :)

OH, and the price came down a couple of bucks since my first inquiry ($103/nt). How, again, do I post my win (so others may benefit)?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that this works out perfectly for your plans.

We have edited the topic title for you, but in the in the future you can convert your thread to a 'win' by clicking the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of the page (but this button can only be used once and then it disappears, and it is gone now since we just used it to reflect your purchase)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and the conference.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]