Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orange County (Anaheim - Disneyland South) Ayres Inn Orange

nachoargentina
By nachoargentina,
in

Hi! Planning to stay in Los Angeles from Apr. 16 to Apr. 21. We are 2 couples and one infant (less than 2 y/o).

First time in LA so we don't even know what area to bid at. Our plan is to do 2 days in Disneyland, 1 day Universal, and the rest of the days the usual tourist stuff...Holywood, Beberly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, etc.

We'll have a car with us and driving is not a problem. Our budget is around $80 and we are aiming at getting at least a 3.5*.

Any help with areas and prices will be greatly appreciated!

Our plan is to do 2 days in Disneyland, 1 day Universal, and the rest of the days the usual tourist stuff...Holywood, Beberly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, etc.

Disneyland is in the Orange County region while the 'tourist stuff' you mention is in the Los Angeles region, i think you start by looking at a map and the distances between the area(s) you want to stay, keeping in mind that LA traffic can be brutal.... then figure out if you want to stay in one area and commute to the other (short commute for some/longer commute for others), or stay in-between with a moderate commute for everything... or, although i know you're already changing hotels a bit, possibly split this leg of your trip into two different stays.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 weeks later...

Hi! Planning to stay in Los Angeles from Apr. 16 to Apr. 21. We are 2 couples and one infant (less than 2 y/o).

First time in LA so we don't even know what area to bid at. Our plan is to do 2 days in Disneyland, 1 day Universal, and the rest of the days the usual tourist stuff...Holywood, Beberly Hills, Rodeo Drive, Santa Monica, Venice Beach, etc.

We'll have a car with us and driving is not a problem. Our budget is around $80 and we are aiming at getting at least a 3.5*.

Any help with areas and prices will be greatly appreciated!

Having traveled to LA many times this year already, you might want to see if the 405 will have construction.

That being said, I would also recommend staying at the OC/Garden Grove. 

If distance is not a problem, hotels in Ontario are cheaper too. Hyatt Place is really nice and big for families. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, after thinking a lot about it, I think we are going to split our LA stay in 2 as suggested.

We'll be staying close to Disney first for 2 days and after that will be staying in LA, probably close to Beberly Hills.

So, for our Disney stay, I'm trying to score a hotel that's within walking distance, so I've been checking rates in Hotwire for the Anaheim - Disneyland North area, which seems to be the closer to the main entrance in Harbor Blvd.

There's a 3,5* that I want to avoid since I know it's the Anabella, and comments are not very nice about it.

So, I checked for a 3* with BiddingHelper.com, dates 04/16 to 04/18. Got only one 3* hotel with a rate of 89 per night. Need help to figure out which one it is so that I can determine if it's within walking distance to Disney or not.

Full amenities from BiddingHelper.com:

Free Parking, Free Internet, Airport Shuttle, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

It's 80% recommended in Hot.wire, with a 4 1/2 score in location and a 4 in the rest.

I don't see any in the hotel list with airport shuttle. What are your guesses?

I also just checked for Anaheim - Disneyland South area since upon a closer look, I saw I could get a close to disney hotel as well.

Same dates (Apr 16 to Apr 18), I got a 3* hotel for $72 per night. I also got a 3.5* hotel for $78 a night, but based on the fact that it charges a $14 resort fee, I was able to determine it was the Crowne Plaza Resort, which is not within walking distance to Disney.

So, back to the 3*, $72 per night.

Full Amenities:

Free Parking, Free Internet, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

It's 80% recommended in Hot.wire, with 4 1/2 in location and quality of service and 4 on the rest.

No other fees.

My best guesse are:

- Portofino Inn and Suites

- Indigo (although it says it usually offers complimentary breakfast, which this one doesn't)

Most likely the Portofino, right?

Sorry guys, got it all wrong on when I checked on the website.

The real 3 star hotel I'm seeing for those dates (Apr 16 to 18) forAnaheim - Disneyland South area is 79 per night. Amenities include:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

95% recommended in Hotwire, 4,5 in Tripadvisor

I'm guessing the Ayres. Any thoughts?

For clarify i'll re-post what i'm currently seeing and my comments/best guess for each:

3* Disneyland North

Free Parking

Free Internet

Shuttle

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

--> possibly the Best Western Plus Pavilions, but i'm not certain

3.5* Disneyland South

Free Parking

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

--> best guess for this one would be the Ayres Inn Orange

You could also try searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which will make it easy to see hotels that are walk-able to the main entrance of Disneyland as well as how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys! I already got mi disney hotel. It's the Ayres Hotel. I will report it as soon as I get the hotel for Los Angeles (don't know if I should create a separate thread instead).

Anyway, I'm checkin Los Angeles area now, and I need help to ID the hotel. This is the info:

Beverly Hills - West Hollywood Area

Apr. 19 to Apr. 22

3 Stars

$108.00 per night

Full amenities from BiddingHelper.com:

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Handicapped parking

I checked in the Hotel List for it, but no hotel has "Pet Friendly" listed. Maybe you can give me a hint?

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]