Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter - Convention Center) Solamar, a Kimpton Hotel

nachoargentina
By nachoargentina,
in

Hi guys!

This is the next stop in our trip and we have no clue. We've never been in San Diego, so if you could point out what areas would be better for us, that would be great!

We are two couples and an infant (less than 2 years old). We'll have a car and we are only planning on staying 2 nights (Apr. 14 to Apr. 16). Our idea is to visit Sea World, the Zoo, and maybe explore the beach and downtown a little. We are on a budget of $80/night and would like a 3.5* or more (if possible).

Thanks you again for all your suggestions, you've been very valuable on the planning of this trip!

If you go to HOTWIRE, Sea World is in the 'SeaWorld - Mission Bay - Shelter Island area' zone (on PRICELINE the most similar zone is 'Mission Bay') and the zone is in the park area on the map between the 'Mission Valley-Hotel Circle' zone and the Downtown North-Little Italy zone (this zone may be new, i'll have to investigate further).

Anyway, if you look at that general area, you could choose any of these zones, OR there area a LOT of zones that are nearby and in between the two... all of Downtown (Gaslamp Quarter, Marina, etc) would be a bit further away but also might be more interesting. The airport zone would not be too far, less interesting, but potentially less expensive as well.

Closest to your budget and minimum 3.5* rating would be an $86/nite hotel in the SeaWorld-Mission Bay-Shelter Island with:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Resort

Beachfront

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Tennis

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... which i'm guessing to be the Bahia Resort Hotel.

Any interest in this property for just a little more than your $80/nite budget and would this be convenient for your plans... or do you want to try bidding on PRICELINE for something less expensive and be more flexible where in the zone(s) you ultimately end up?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts, or how it goes, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi guys! I'm back in bidding for my april trip again.

I'm looking at San Diego options, April 14 to April 16 and I need help identifying a hotel:

3,5 *, Gaslamp Quarter North - Horton Plaza area, 85% recommended, 

Full Amenities from BiddingHelper.com:

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self service laundry, Internet access, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Looking at the hotel list on the site but there's only one 3.5* listed for the area (The Declan Suites) and it doesn't seem to be the one being offered, since it doesn't show "Pet Friendly" or "Boutique Hotel".

Any idea what could this hotel be?

The other one I'm seeing is:

4*, Gaslamp Quarter South - Convention Center, 95% recommended,

Full Amenities from Bidding.helper:

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, Spa Services, Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

I'm thinking it could be (according to the hotel list):

Hilton Bayfront

Hilton Gaslamp

Hotel Solamar

Omni San Diego

Any idea how to narrow this down? Any opinions you have Ill be happy to hear them!

Please include the room rate per nite in your posts so that it's easier for us to find the hotel requested among the offers when we replicate your search.

I'm not certain of the 3.5* North property, but a downgrade of the Hilton Gaslamp would be a guess, but if you are interested in this property let us know as i think there is a better way to play it.

Best guess for the 4* South property would be the Hotel Solamar.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

A very nice deal for this well reviewed property!

Glad to see you're pleased with the hotel received and are looking forward to your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]