Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (French Quarter) Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter

Northshorecowboy
By Northshorecowboy,
in

Was seeing a 4* French Quarter / Canal Street hotel on the Priceline Express offerings for $82 (then went up to 85). Was pretty sure it was the Crown Plaza (Astor) Hotel. Stayed there before and found it decent. Not a Higher-End 4*, but certainly good, and in a decent location - right on the Trolley, right on the edge of the Quarter where many good restaurants are, etc.

Bid $70 and was not accepted. Waited a day and bid $75 and won. Sure enough, it was the Crown Plaza.

UPDATE: Original trip was for Sunday to Thursday during Mardi Gras, the week before Fat Tuesday. $75 a night for a 4* is excellent! Decided to arrive a day earlier, so I used the "extend your priceline stay" feature for Saturday 2/22. Priceline said it could not do it, not for the $75 anyway. It offered me standard rates of $363! I then looked at the Express list of offerings and the hotel (assume it is the same) was listed at $236 for the Saturday I need. I then checked the dates I had booked and the $82 rate was available. SO, Saturday 2/22 is simply a High-Rate, High-Occupancy date. Working on a new solution.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]