Hotwire Hotel: Park Plaza now a 4* hotel?

KatiesMom
By KatiesMom,
in

Checking hotels in Boston for upcoming convention. We usually get a group rate at the Park Plaza (where the convention is being held), but I'll book rooms on Hotwire if its cheaper. In the past, the Park Plaza was rated 3.5*. The pinned listing on BB says 4*. The last win I see on this board lists it at 3.5* So just checking. Is it now a 4* property? Thanks.

I believe 3.5* is correct for this property and have updated the Hotwire Hotel List accordingly... thanks for bringing this discrepancy to our attention.

What are the dates of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the update. I'll probably need three rooms for three nights: 2/6 - 2/9, and about 8 - 10 rooms for two nights 2/7 - 2/9. Not sure yet, waiting for convention to confirm award nominee list. In the past, when the Park Plaza was a Starwoods hotel they gave us a significant group discount, much lower than HOTWIRE, plus I got Starwoods points. Now, I don't know who owns the hotel. The website looks like it may be The Boston Hotel? So going to keep tabs on the HOTWIRE rates and do the best I can for our company. The lower rates I get the more staffers can come. Also, the group has its heart set on the Park Plaza, I can't convince them otherwise. But if I find a lower rate at another Boston Common hotel, I'll run that by my boss. You never know. Thanks.

Will do... expecting nominations to be announced this week.

I'm seeing "pet friendly" as an amenity on a hotel on HOTWIRE for 2/7 - 2/9

Boston Common Theater District, 3.5*

Pet friendly, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Internet access, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

Thinking this might be the Park Plaza. BB pinned description doesn't list "pet friendly," so that may be new. Park Plaza's website now says they are pet friendly. I am liking this hotel less and less. I don't trust them to clean their rooms well.

Price on Hotwire for this property for above dates is: $84 a night.

What do you think?

I spoke with an official at the Park Plaza who naturally, would not confirm or deny the HOTWIRE listing, but he did say they are indeed now pet friendly and that IF that is the Park Plaza on HOTWIRE the price is ONLY good for their "petite room," which I once stayed in, and yes they are shoebox-sized PETITE (my 6' tall husband's legs were too long for the bed, our luggage did not fit in the room).

Also, once again, the property is under new ownership (less than a year). The clerk told me it is going to undergo a multi-million dollar renovation - guest rooms, conference rooms, and the LOBBY. The lobby? I asked, It's the most gorgeous, historic lobby.... YEP, the lobby. GAH!

FYI: Until the reno don't expect much from the Park Plaza room-wise.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]