Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Midtown Central) Sofitel

MarkSull
By MarkSull,
in

Looking to be in New York 1/17 - 22/1. Looking for two single occupancy rooms .Willing to pay up to $200 pn each for a nice hotel. I think I should look in Times Square, Midtown Central or Midtown East. Should I separate the weekend out or does it make no difference. Hotwire seems easier but Priceline may prove cheaper. This is my first attempt so some advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Looks a great site

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

This is generally the slowest period of the year and rates are definitely on the lower side for the city. There is no need to break up a stay in January.

If your max budget per night is $200 per room/per night, then 4* should be absolutely no problem. 4.5* is within that budget although probably towards the high end. 5* unfortunately is unlikely.

PRICELINE bidding is cheaper than HOTWIRE, although you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone/s chosen at the star rating chosen. With HOTWIRE, you can make an educated guess as to which hotels are showing. You can also see the lists on Betterbidding as to which hotels have been reported to the board on both services.

Under $200 per night, there are quite a few 4*'s at regular price.

Which option sounds most appealing?

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for that advice and Sofitel looks good.

There is another 4 Mid Central with free internet,pet friendly,restaurants,business center,self serve laundry for $146. Cannot link it to the list. Any ideas.

It is area that I am after and a good level of comfort. Only amenity I really want is free internet. If I went Priceline looking for 4+ what areas should i include and what start bid would you recommend. I was thinking Mid town west or Times Square and starting at around $140. If it goes close to the $190 take the Hotwire ? What do you think.

Appreciate the help

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]