Priceline Hotel: 3* Augusta (North) Courtyard By Marriott Augusta

SCSwimdad
By SCSwimdad,
in

I'm sitting here shaking my head. I've been researching and bidding for two days now on PRICELINE for a room in Augusta, GA for 1/7 thru 1/19. I have had bids for 3* hotels rejected at $45 and $49 in both North and West Augusta Zones. I just bid again at $55 for 3.5*. I see on hotwire under their Secret hot Rate hotels that there are 3* hotels in North and West Augusta offering $41 and $3 respectively. Any ideas? I was under the assumption that lower bids (or equal bids) on priceline would get such deals that are offered in these.

Any thoughts? I already purchased a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $52 and got the specific hotel I was looking for (lucky), but am still curious as to why it would seem that my previous bids would have met the advertised packages seen on HOTWIRE.

Though its not a winning bid. I wanted to share that I purchased a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal through Priceline for a 3* hotel in North Augusta Zone for $52 a night on 1/17 thru 1/19. I was pleased to see that the the hotel was the Courtyard Marriott. Taxes and fees totaled $26.64 which gave me a total of $130.64.

I did this after bids for $45 and $49 were rejected in the same area (and Augusta West) for the same level hotel. I finally bid for $55 in the same zone at 3.5* and then expanded to Augusta West and got rejected. At this point the $52 express looked like a worthwhile deal. I had seen on Hotwire that they had Secret deals for $41 in North and $43 in West for 3*, but when comparing amenities, I wasn't too sure I liked the hotels that looked like they were matching up (based on the pet friendly amenity which greatly filtered down the options). The same deals were seen today at $40, but I was still thinking it was that it was the same hotel I had suspected from the previous day.

Either way.... Express deal for $52 got me the Courtyard Marriott. :rolleyes:

Good deal on that Express deal!

Regarding your 1st post:

Hotwire and Priceline have different pools of hotels, so when you see a deal on Hotwire, you can't necessarily bid on Priceline and get the same hotel.

In addition, Hotwire tends to be a little more generous with stars than Priceline is. Roughly a 1/2 star. So a 3* on Hotwire could be only 2 1/2* on Priceline if they happen to both have the same hotel. This difference varies, with examples of a hotel having the same rating in both, and examples of a full star difference. But there clearly is an overall difference.

Romelle

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed before your purchases.

Please use the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]