Hotwire Hotel: 5* London (Westminster) Intercontinental London Westminster

iodonnel
By iodonnel,
in

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please change the drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States and the currency dropdown to US Dollars. Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase stay on the US version of their site and simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Using the method above, what is the room rate per nite in US Dollars for each property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sincere apologies - it's been a while since I used Hotwire and Better Bidding and never for Europe. I really appreciate your help.

These are the hotels on the US site:

5* City of London - Towerbridge- St Pauls Cathedral Area

$198 per night

Free Internet

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self Service Laundry

Internet Access

4.5 out of 5 Tripadvisor and 90% Recommended

5* Westminster- Victoria - Big Ben area

Free internet

Pet Friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet Access

Kitchenette

4.5 out of 5 Tripadvisor

95% recommended

$224 per night

I 'think' one is the Intercontinental Westminster??:

$215 per night

95% recommended

5.5 out of 5 Tripadvisor

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Thanks so much for all your help

My guess(es) for the Towerbridge property would be Threadneedles, The Montcalm At Brewery London City, or the London City Suites by Montcalm.

For the Westminster property above, i believe this is listed as a Condo property, and for this my guess would be the Plaza on the River, London.

I'll add that I am also see the following hotel in this zone as well:

Free Internet

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

--> my guess for this one would be the Intercontinental London Westminster

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry i missed the third property in your previous request, but yes, that 5* (with Restaurant, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business) is the one i suspect is the Intercontinental London Westminster.

Let us know what you decide and and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thank you very very much thereyouare!!!

We've been doing further research and have decided on the Intercontinental Westminster :)

Final question before I jump on it .... what are the possibilities its not the Intercontinental and if not, what could it be?? ... I know, nothing is 100% guaranteed but I can't help asking .... I'm just afraid of making a boo boo and wondering whats the worst that could happen :o :)

Sorry - I know its a question I probably shouldn't ask but can't help myself (need an embarassed smiley here)

Thanks again for your great help and patience!

You can see the full list of hotels reported to the board in London (including the amenities associated with each listing) here: Hotwire Hotel List Other Countries. New hotels and changes to listings do certainly happen, but the amenity set for the 5* Westminster listing has been seen with the Intercontinental previously so that would be my guess, as well.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

...wondering whats the worst that could happen

This HOTWIRE property is showing a 4.5/5.0 TA rating, which is excellent, so even if we should be wrong with this guess, i don't think the 'worst case scenario' would be bad at all in terms of quality.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

Thank you both so much!!! With all my nervousness I pressed the button and booked - it IS the Intercontinental Westminster - as you both knew all along :) .... We are over the moon with the deal and could never have done it without all your help and reassurance - thank you so very much!!

Westminster- Big Ben Area

95% recommended

5.5 out of 5 Tripadvisor

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Thank you so very much!!!

Congratulations on your success! (and you're VERY welcome :) )

Glad to see you went for and are so pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]