Priceline Hotel: need strategy for Manhattan

yan100
By yan100,
in

Hello,

This is going to be the first time I am using priceline and hotwire, I guess that like everyone - I am a little hesitant due to the uncertainty of the hotel and the no-cancellation policy.

I did a little reading and saw you helped more then a few to reach good deals :) , maybe you can do the same for me ...

I will be travelling alone to NY at 4-June till 9-June, I would like to stay in decent hotel (>3*) near TS (I can be flexible with the areas).

1. Is it possible to get low prices this far ahead?

2. is 120$ a reasonable price to bid and actually get results or is it too low in your experience?

3. can you recommend a strategy for me?

BTW, I already searched in hotwire and found 3.5* hotel in hells kitchen in 129$... should I open another post in hotwire forum or can I inquire on both here?

Thanks!!

Yan

Welcome to BetterBidding!

You can keep all posts for this stay in this thread, once a purchase is made use the EDIT TO REPORT WIN button on the lower right corner of the page in order to add a reply and edit the topic title to reflect the win.

It's not too early to get a deal, and as this is often an expensive time of year in NYC, any win that you get near $120/nite would be a good deal, imo, and worth locking in now (assuming your plans are firm).

Let's first take a look at the HOTWIRE property as we may use that in order to tailor a PRICELINE bidding strategy (if you decide to go that route). What are the amenities of the 3.5* HOTWIRE property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

That deal is gone now :(

I see a similar one (both were 333$ and in same area) in 148$

it says the following:

Amenities

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Book soon! The last person got the YOTEL New York at Times Square.

hot RATE HOTEL

Madison Square Garden - Hell's Kitchen area | Show map

 95% recommended

Our 3.5-star hotels include:

Hyatt Hotels & Resorts

Embassy Suites Hotels

DoubleTree by Hilton

Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Radisson Hotels & Resorts

and other brand-name and independent hotels

Confirm your dates at the landing page, but THIS LINK is the 3.5* hotel i'm currently seeing in the MSG zone priced at $134/nite (the previous link will expire in ~30 minutes) with these amenities:

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet Friendly

Fitness

Business

Laundry

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

My best guess for this one would be the Element Times Square West.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks, but the link does not work, I get the following message:

We couldn't process your request

Thank you for visiting Hotwire. We're always working to improve our site. Occasionally, we reorganize our pages, and as a result, bookmarks you have set for our site may no longer be accurate.

This too will expire in ~30 minutes to i'll ping you that i've refreshed THIS LINK.

If it expires by the time you're able to view, try searching at BiddingHelper.com and in the EASY VIEW tab is there a 3.5* MSG property offered anywhere between $125-$135?

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]