Hotwire Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Beach) Westin Beach Resort

NMjack
By NMjack,
in

Failed bidding... for 1 night pre-cruise on a friday in jan. (1/3/2014)

looking for 4 star in Ft lauderdale beach area - would really like Sheraton beach, but would take any of the 4*

started with PRICELINE link at betterbidding

first bid at 91.... with 4 or 5 bids (by adding zones without 4 star hotels) until i quit for the night when i was rejected at $134 (taxes and fees would equal around 160ish)

any advice when i go back to bid?

will probably choose downtown 4 star -- and do the same process all over again (excluding beach).

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Unfortunately rates are quite high for this nite and while you should at least try for a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone, i think that you'll likely fall short if you're sticking with the same $135/nite bid price.

What is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel using our sister site Pre-Cruise Hotels.com? What is your maximum bid for this trip? Would you rather continue to increase your budget for a 4* hotel or at what point do you consider lowering your star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...will probably choose downtown 4 star -- and do the same process all over again (excluding beach).

You could include beach in the downtown bidding series. It would give you one more bid, and it is always possible some beach hotel has just given rooms to Priceline inventory.

Downtown FLL is quite nice too. You might enjoy the location.

Romelle

Westin Ft Lauderdale Beach

162+tax = 195.34

Ammenities:

Resort

Pet Friendly

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self-Service Laundry

About that self service laundry <-- (if you hover over this ammenity, it says something like "coin-op laundry" this is a lie, i booked this same hotel thru Hotwire last year http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=158596, and this appeared on the ammennity list, I asked about this at the hotel, and they said they had laundry service (like dry cleaning that they send out). I don't really care about the laundry, but are they intentionally lying to throw sites like this off? Actually, in my case, it lead me to believe it could only be the Westin.

I like this hotel... but a couple of issues with this hotel:

1) valet parking - was something like $25-30,

2) if staying with someone else in the room, make sure you are very familiar with them. The designers of this hotel made the trendy decision to put a "shutter" window in the bathroom and having the bathroom door made of the same shade/shutter material. I'm not describing this correctly, but the point is that the person in the room can hear EVERYTHING that's going on in the bathroom. and i mean EVERYTHING.

Actually, it's a great hotel. Across from the beach, there's a starbucks with wifi on the first floor, and Shula's restaurant is great.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this property and hope you are looking forward to your stay.

Can you confirm if there were additional amenities associated with this listing? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Resort Pet friendly Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms Fitness Center Pool(s)

Restaurant(s) Business Center Self service laundry

Internet access Tennis Nearby Spa Services

Children's actvities Accessible for the blind Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking Roll-in shower

note, that not all these ammenities were listed when i booked. How do i get these to show up in the initial listing (before booking)?

Note that before buying, the ammenity list was a series of "icons" with descriptions, I couldn't copy and paste. But this list in "my trips" is plain text.

Thanks for the follow-up!

To see the complete amenities associated with each you will need to do the following:

1) search HOTWIRE and select the offer from the search results page

2) click the BOOK NOW button

3) in the TRIP SUMMARY BOX click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]