Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Doubletree Chicago Magnificent Mile

EMIndy
By EMIndy,
in

Again, thanks for the great board and your help. I made sure to use the HOTWIRE link when initiating my search.

Apologies...couldn't edit the title

Chicago - Magnificent Mile Area (River North)

1/23/14 - 1/26/14, 2 adults

4.5*, 95% recommended, $83

Listed amenities:

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

I'm thinking this is the James, but not quite sure.

Thank you for your compliments on Betterbidding! :)

If you:

1) search HOTWIRE and select the offer from the search results page

2) click the BOOK NOW button

3) in the TRIP SUMMARY BOX click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Do you see additional amenities beyond the ones noted above? If so, please provide the full list and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Also, please let us know if you have any Chicago questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I swear they move those at least twice a year! :-)

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet access

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Happy holidays, Aaron.

We're looking for walking distance to Navy Pier. This is an annual trip we do for the Strictly Sail show.

The last three years we were at the Doubletree, which isn't showing up for those dates on Hotwire. It is, however, $62 on multiple other sites. That's pretty much what we pay every year.

We just thought we'd look for something else relatively close...perhaps the W. If not, we'll book the Doubletree again.

That said, could you help with the following?

4*, Magnificent Mile Area - River North

1/23/14 - 1/26/14, 2 adults, 1 room

$53, 75% recommended

Free Internet

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

Internet access

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

The boutique aspect takes the W out of the running, I would think.

Thanks again!

My best guess for this one would be the Hotel Felix.

If you do decide to book direct please use the DOUBLETREE link in our Support Page (where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The James is maybe a 4-5 minute walk West of where the Doubletree is. While Chicago in January can be mighty cold, if the James is appealing (and it is a very nice hotel), it's really not much further away from NP than the Doubletree is (and would be closer to more restaurants in the River North area.)

The problem with limiting to the hotels that are the absolute closest to Navy Pier is that there are only a few hotels - the Doubletree, Sheraton and the W. If you were to stay at the James, it would be an extremely quick cab ride to Navy Pier.

The Felix would start to get noticeably further from NP, but the James (I think) is really a hop, skip and a jump from NP.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. First of all, thanks to you all for your help. This site is invaluable because of you great people.

I decided to sit back and wait awhile, hoping that prices would come down a bit. My patience paid off.

What I determined to be the Doubletree finally showed up today on HOTWIRE for our dates...$49.

Therefore, I went over to PRICELINE (using your links of course) and bid $42 for 3.5* North Michigan Ave - River North.

Rejected.

PRICELINE has changed a bit since I last used it and when I went to re-bid, they had chosen 4* and 4.5* for me and wouldn't allow me to uncheck them. Made me a bit nervous.

But, I added Lincoln Park area and raised my bid to $45.

Voila!

That's the best I've ever gotten for the same weekend, same property. In previous years my best was $61. This win made me feel like a champ! LOL

Cheers!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]