Hotwire Hotel: Medicine Hat Canada 12/21

YWGjets
By YWGjets,
in

While searching for a hotel this weekend in Medicine Hat two options come up: a 2-star with 100% recommendation and a 1-star with 65% recommendation.

When doing the search in Google chrome the prices come up as:

2*: $71

1*: $63

In firefox in-private mode

2*: $67

1*: $60

In internet explorer in-private mode:

1*: $65

On my the hotwire app on my android device:

1*: $64

And through the chrome browser on my phone:

2*: $69

1*: $61

These searches were each done several times in random orders over the course of an evening and each time the prices came up the same for each device/browser.

Why does this happen? The differences can be as much as 8% of the price. Has anyone figured out why this is and how to make sure the lowest price comes up?

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

You will see somewhat varying prices based upon how you view HOTWIRE (browser, for example.) I often see slightly different prices for listings of interest than posters do. Prices can also vary throughout the day. There is no particular tactic to ensure the lowest price.

If you need assistance trying to ID the listing/s, please provide the complete details of each listing (zone, star rating, price before taxes/fees, date/s and any other details.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the reply.

In terms of figuring out which hotels they are, the stay is to be 1 night on December 21 in Medicine Hat.

The amenities listed for the hotels are:

2*

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Self service laundry

and for the 1*

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Self service laundry

Internet access

I'm considering making a priceline bid also, but I'll be travelling with a dog so I need to guarantee the the hotel is pet friendly. Most hotels in the 2* range in Medicine Hat appear to be pet friendly according to trip advisor.

Neither of these properties have yet been reported to the board.

NOTE that to see the complete amenities associated with each you will need to do the following:

1) search HOTWIRE and select the offer from the search results page

2) click the BOOK NOW button

3) in the TRIP SUMMARY BOX click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities

Following the method above, do you also see a HI-SPEED INTERNET amenity associated with the 2* property?

If so, my guess for the 1* would be the Imperial Inn and my guess for the 2* would be the the Ramada Limited or the Super 8.

I'll add that if you need a Pet Friendly property it would be a bit risky bidding on PRICELINE as you could always receive an unexpected hotel that does not allow pets.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]