Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) Hotel Manhattan at Times Square

jesshazzy
By jesshazzy,
in

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone could advise on the best priceline bidding strategy for a hotel (preferably 4 stars but will also go for 3/3.5 if there have been good wins) from 1/16/2014-1/19/2014 for 2 people (1 room). I would prefer to stay in Midtown East, Midtown West, or Times Square area if possible while trying not to spend over $150/night. Idealistically I would like to try and spend between $100 and $120 per night - a little bit less than what the express deal is for (4-star midtown east $125). Also, has anyone won anything similar for dates in January that could advise me on what the possible hotels would be?

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

You can see other wins for dates near yours by using our Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins. HOWEVER, i'll add that rates are very date specific, so it is quite possible that you will not receive the same hotel (or the same rate) as another user if their dates are different than your own (even if the dates are similar but not exactly alike).

With PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating, or higher, that you select... there is no way to target/avoid/guess which hotel in the zone you will likely receive; if you want to have a guess as to what you may receive before your purchase HOTWIRE is a better option as they show the amenities associated with the property and you can use this information to take a guess as to the hotel offer. The trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE.

I'll also add that i'm seeing what appears to be the Tryp Times Square South offered on HOTWIRE for $110/nite in the MSG zone. This property is 4* rated by HOTWIRE, but only 3* rated by PRICELINE, but if budget is a primary concern it may be something you want to consider as it gets excellent reviews (4.5/5.0 rated by TA).

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to stay in Midtown East or Times Square/Theatre District in a 4-star or higher for preferably less than $150/night including taxes. If possible I will try bidding up but I'm not sure what is average for this as I have seen people winning 4.5 star hotels for $125 but also people winning 4-star hotels for a bit more than that. I know that it depends on the dates as well as to how the prices will go.

I am open to only using priceline for 1/17-1/19 if that makes a difference as groupon has the Hotel Mela for $129/night for the night of the 16th.

Took a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal through hotwire as this is one of many trips I am planning and I did not want to worry about a hotel anymore.

1/17-1/19

Hotwire

3.5-star

Times Square

$105/night

The Manhattan Hotel at Times Square

Overall the reviews have been very mixed so I'm really nervous about this stay but I'm hoping for the best with the amazing location. I was hoping for the Room Mate Grace as it had the same descriptions as what is listed under the list section of Better Bidding but no cancellations now!

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this well-located property - it used to be a Sheraton up until a year or two ago. Reviews overall are a little mixed, but some recent reviews are good (and keep in mind that many tripadvisor reviews may have different expectations having paid full price.)

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]